I will be in HCM in January(Lunar New Year).

anyone traveling in that month?
maybe we could meet up and do the city tour!!

Many of the Phils women live in District 1 or District 7.

There is a local InterNet group at http://www.pbgvn.com/ (Philippine Business Group Vietnam).

In Lunar Year, most of expat will go to their country. I'm afraid there is not more expat stay here

Thank you everyone.... :)

Hello Joannedecemae,

You should hook up with your local friends first.  Then, plan your visit in detail and have them book all the necessary tickets now, because it is tough to travel around Vietnam during the Lunar New Year.  Everything is pretty much booked.

Good luck,
Howie

Ohh,. that is such an info..

I have already booked the flight,.. But I have not found a place to stay yet...

I must be in a hunt of a hotel or a hostel... Which place is best? The place where tourists spot is just a walk away or minutes away by taxi...

Thank YOu!!

Hi Joanedecemae!

Wellcome to VietNam! I hope you will like my country. Will you stay in HCM in one month or travel around VN?
Some services apartments in HCMc are very good. They are fully furnished with modern decoration. Rental around $550-$750 includes management fee, cable TV,wireless internet, and some apartments includes electricity in this price. Could I offer to you some of them when you come VN?
And my all services is free for you :D

If you want to find a hotel, you should go to Bui Thi Xuan Street or Pham Ngu Lao Street, both of them is in district 1. There are a lot of hotel there.

Or you can check from booking.com or agoda for sure you don't miss

Thanks....

I will be considering the suggested place...

and by the way,

I heard snatchers and other crimes are common in Vietnam..

OMG!

Same here in Cebu..
But I hope it's just okay there as I am traveling alone.. I'll just roam around the city..

and yeah,,I'm in a hunt of a much cheaper accommodations not the 550 $ up.., it's way toooo expensive for me..

anyway,

thanksss again..^^

How about Mai Gia Huy Hotel, anyone... Do you think this is okay??Thanks :)

First, you need to book a hotel or accommodation
Second, when you come to Tan Son Nhat airport, please just take the Mai Linh taxi.

Hi Joannedecemae,

Hotel in HCMC, around Tet and for less than $500/month?  It is possible, but it will be tough.  If you and your friends find one, book it.  Tet is the most exciting time of the year in Vietnam.  Those in tourism know this, and they will do their bests to milk your wallet.  Those pick-pocketers, too. So, be careful.   

Best wishes,
Howie