Shenzhen flatshare

Hi,

is it popular to share a flat in Shenzhen ?

What advice would you give to those looking for shared accommodation in Shenzhen?

Can you recommend specialized local websites or newspapers?

By the way, keep in mind there is a flat share/house share section in the Classifieds ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation and advice!

Christine

Hi Christine,
Indeed sharing a house is quite usual in Shenzhen. Renting a house around 50 square meters usually cost from 2000-3000 basing on different locations. And the flat rent to foreigners would more expensive than it, I assume 1000+ maybe. If you don't mind living with a native roomie, it will quite easy for you to find one. But as a Chinese, I do not know where to find other expats who are finding a roommate, the only clue i have is majority of foreigners are living in Shekou of Nanshan district.

Here is a local news and info website, I am not sure if u could read it. If you want read news in English, you could go to Chinadaily, or CRI but they're not regional. Variety newspapers are available at the local booths.
sz.bendibao.com
chinadaily.com.cn
henglish.cri.cn

If you need any helps, plz feel free to contact me here.

Eric

Christine wrote:

Hi,

is it popular to share a flat in Shenzhen ?

What advice would you give to those looking for shared accommodation in Shenzhen?

Can you recommend specialized local websites or newspapers?

By the way, keep in mind there is a flat share/house share section in the Classifieds ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation and advice!

Christine

Thanks for your contribution Eric!;)

Harmonie.

Hi,

I would suggest get a trusted real-estate agent to bring you around  to view the place 1st before you rent it.  If you need help around Luo hu, Shenzhen area just drop me a message.  Most of the website in English for expat regarding classified housing rental were x2 or more.

All the best & welcome to China

Kent