New in Shenzhen and need some helps and info on housing :)

Hi....

My family will be relocate to Shenzhen in October. We will send our 4yrs old girl to SIS and my husband will be working in Lo Wu area... where do you reckon is the best place to stay? Futian, Nanshan etc? Need some advise... Tks in advance!

Hello leslieanne.

Welcome to Expat.com!

For more visibility, your thread has been moved to the Shenzhen forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

futian is a center of this city and full of opportunities...and luohu is a district that have history for servel years.And I'm a local shenzhener, contact me when u get to china and I will be happy to help u know more about this city.

Hi leslieanne..

SIS is in Nanshan I presume, and your husband needs to go to Luohu for work..

I reackon the best place be Futian which is in between these 2 places.

Regards,
roger

If you live near the subway station, both Luo wu and Futian is ok, but I prefer Futian, because the envirment in Futian is better than in Luo wu. Luo wu is an old district, there are too much old gutter, I don't like that.

Hi leslieanne,

If your husband works in Luo Hu District, I sugguest you find a house in Futian District which is closer to Luo Hu than Nanshan District. Additionally, Futian is more quiet and closer to the city center!

If any question, please feel free to contact me! I still remember my Dutch friends helped me a lot when I was new in the Netherlands! and now I am back and working in Shenzhen. I hope I can also help the expat in Shenzhen!

All the best!

Kind regards,
Jerry

[Moderated]

i also recomend the futian district.BTW, do you guys apply for work omit to work in Shenzhen. Recently the government has been strict in this field.