Shanghai flatshare

Hi,

is it popular to share a flat in Shanghai ?

What advice would you give to those looking for shared accommodation in Shanghai?

Can you recommend specialized local websites or newspapers?

By the way, keep in mind there is a flat share/house share section in the Classifieds ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation and advice!

Christine

From my experience, many young un-married locals share flats or even rooms as they can't afford rent on their own. It's also quite popular among young expat professionals in case they don't have the joy of a company paying for housing.

I've learned that the best way to find a flat is to get some assistance from a local person you can trust to deal with agents. Some agents tend to increase the price if they see it's for a foreigner.

Also note that there are many, many, many fake ads on internet (most of them actuallly) which is another reason to get assistance from a local. Lastly, website Smartshanghai.com claims to have a built-in spam filter to filter out fake ads.

Thanks for your help Hans.;)

Harmonie.:)

i will need room in shared apartment in jan but dont know how to..  i added separate add in classified but no response

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

I rented a room via Internet several years ago.But I'm a local,so I can tell whether the ads is fake or not. You can find shared accommodation at
sh.58.com/zufang/?utm_source=baidu-sem&utm_medium=cpc&&utm_campaign=fangchan&keywordid=763757570&ideaid=161859607&bdclkid=05k_JKflsG5z5PsPt-rXfGtFD2tK0gsDK13cPYRLxAnP