Has anyone rented a room in la cite in xujiahui?

Hi

I am back to shanghai after 4 months n just got scammed by a chinese girl renting a room in la cite building no 7, 223 east nandan road? After three days of moving in, the girl harasses us and also attacked my Spanish room mate, forces us to get out of her home. the case is with police now. but police did not support us too much. it was a scary experience with a loss of 16000 yuan by both of us.

I just want to make sure no one else gets trapped in it, have you heard about it? do u know any good lawyer?

I just want all to be aware of such a situation.

Thanks

hi,
i was shocked when i read your post. i had a similar case in July when i first move here.
i rented a flat in la cite, building 7, and there was a local shanghainese girl said she is a freelance journalist.

i moved there for 1month, after that, she harassed us and throw our stuff out of the house, lock the door and don't let us in...etc.

finally i just want to move out, coz i was afraid she is kind of mental people. but she didn't let us move and we called the police finally. like your case, the police didn't really supoort us.
i also lost like 12000.

is the girl call herself sissy?
my goodness, we should stop her!!

Jo

Thanks for the info swati

in this case,better find a friend who is a chinese when u rent the house,he/she can deal with this better.

or you can find a house renting agent,sign a 3-party contract.This way is better for ur case