FOOTBALL

Hi all,

I have just arrived in Manama from Athens and am keen to get out and see some football games.
Can anyone shed some light on where the Al Ahli club plays its games, I have decided to support them on the basis of their colours and club emblem resembling my team back home in Greece, AEK Athens.
Also any other football or Al Ahli supporters interested in getting out and seeing any matches please let me know as I have just arrived and know no-one in Manama.

Wishing everyone a great day

Hi GH21!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Thanks for the welcome Armand.

All these expats & locals checking out the forums and not one football supporter or even someone that can shed some light on the matter.
I also wrote to Gulf Daily and the Bahrain Football Federation and never received a reply from them either.
Hmmmm perhaps i should change my name to Georgia and change my profile pic to a females one, maybe then i would get some replies

Hello My Friend,

It would be very nice if you do so ... You will attract a lot of fans :D (Just Kidding)

I have done some research on the internet but unfortunately couldn't find any info that might help you.

I think expats can not help you in that matter ... You need to approach Bahraini guys, for sure they will have a better idea and can help you. Also you can check the daily newspapers and it will give you more info about when the season starts, timing and venues of the matches.

Good Luck :)

Regards,

Thank you VidoDido for taking the time to write.
I have asked a few locals, however I somehow managed to find the 3 bahrainis that have absolutely no idea about football.
I checked and even wrote to one local paper, and there was no information or response.
I guess I need to learn arabic in a hurry as I know the season kicks off this weekend. I just dont know where exactly Al Ahli plays.
I will hopefully figure it out before friday.

Thank you for your time

Hi GH21,

I agree with VidoDido, if you use your plan you'll be able to collect dozens of phone numbers and email addresses :D
I didn't reply to your post because I'm unfortunately absolutely not into football and don't know anything about it....
I'll try to check with my Bahraini friends though.

Cheers

Olivier

If you head down to the football training ground in Al Fateh, Juffair, you might find some like minded people.  There's an outdoor and indoor pitch there and it's a matter of finding the bright lights and following them.  Also maybe head to the football stadium, find the Estiqlal Highway and go to the roundabout, take a right and you really, seriously can't miss it, it's the big stadium shaped building on the right.  Take the right turn off for Riffa at the second set of traffic lights and then the next left.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I don't do football:D

wow a frenchman and an irishman that dont like football, what planet have i landed on
thank you all for taking the time to write, im sure i will figure something out
i now know the date and time of the game, just need to find the location
thank you

For me if it doesn't have Wheels, usually four, and an engine, I'm not interested :D 

I grew up not liking football due to some friends' absolute obsession with it.  I never could get into it and would sit through matches just so that I wouldn't be left out, I'd secretly watch Formula One at home on Sundays when I was a kid, feigning illness or homework to save face :D  Also, anytime I played Footbal or Hurling, I ended up getting injured so decided that it wasn't for me.

Yeah you know... French people aren't anymore what they used to be :p
And I won't comment on the Irish  :lol:

I could find some intel for you though. The club you're looking for are playing in Um Ul Asam stadium (Close to Al Jazira supermarket)

Hope this will help !

@ Educonsultant please stop advertising here. By the way I don't even think you understood what GH21 was looking for ! :(

Cheers

Olivier

Thank you Oliver, I really appreciate it.

Hi GH21,

I have been trying to find football and basketball teams as well, but a bit more practices for girls ( my girls 14 and 19 play both here in Iceland) and when I google football for girls in Bahrain it always comes up with the Busiateen football club, maybe thatŽs the club you should support :)

GH21 you still looking for football games?! if you do ill contact you to find the place and the games when,

Lauga, i have a team for your girls, they play basketball.. my brother is the head coach. he coach al najma basketball team for girls. and they start practise now

Hello,

Maybe I can be of some assistance. I know the Asian football community here in Bahrain quite well and we do play in regular tournaments as well. However, most of the attention goes to rink football as these players are more of the working professionals who love a little football a couple of times a week ..

You'd be welcome to join in for the games we play ..

You can contact me on [email protected]

Malcolm

original21, now you have gulf cup going on. I went to see opening game between Bahrain and Oman, and wasn't impressed with a quality. As a football fan myself I will skip the Bahrain premier league and stick with football on TV. And if you are in for the fans and the atmosphere, hm, how do I put this in a words... what I've seen so far from attending few games in bahrain and Saudi, fans are nothing like European fans, the singing and dancing remind me more on some Hare Krishna performance mixed with call for prayer from the Mosque.

In case you want to play, we have a group that plays on saturday night 9-10.

something like that: youtube.com/watch?v=_Yg3stgdxYY
nothing like this: youtube.com/watch?v=pZHFki21EwQ

My home team fans visiting your team:
youtube.com/watch?v=NjpPYgNrq7A