New in Bahrain

Hello, My name is Sharon and I have been here for 4 weeks now.  I am from the UK and I am looking to make new friends.

Hi Sharon,

welcome to Expat.com!

I have moved your topic on the Bahrain forum.

Maybe you could tell us more about you?

Thank you,
Christine

Hi Sharon

Welcome to Bahrain. I am also from the Uk, Where about's in Bahrain are you staying? How long are you here for? Lots of questions :-)

Like Christine said, please tell us more about you. I am holding a meeting for expats at our local club and if you would like to attend then the link to the post is https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=217239

Look forward to hearing from you

Jo

Hello Sharon and welcome to Bahrain!

I hope you are settling well. I will miss the meeting this time but been to the first one and it was a lot of fun and a good place to get to know people. If you can make it, I'd say don't miss it!

If you need any help, we are always here to help.

All the best.

Welcome Sharon hope you find many friends as Bahrain is full of friendly people.. if you want to have a Bahraini friend you are more than welcome

Welcome to Bahrain... I am sure you will find plenty of friends, it's a lovely country full of lovely and helpful people, I wish you a pleasant stay.

Hello Sharon,

welcome to Bahrain. I live in Bahrain my self and its the first time i have joined the Forum. to im hoping to get to know more people.

tell me more about your self.
what brings you to Bahrain?

tough life wrote:

Hello Sharon,

welcome to Bahrain. I live in Bahrain my self and its the first time i have joined the Forum. to im hoping to get to know more people.

tell me more about your self.
what brings you to Bahrain?

Hi and welcome to the Bahrain forum. It may be useful if you start your own post introducing yourself, saying what your interests are and who you have moved here with etc.

I hope you find some good friends here - I know I have

Hello Sharon

My name is Leonard from Scotland, I have also not been here long, arrived 7th January, currently I am living at the Elite Seef residence and I am looking for a home for me, my wife and 4 kids, who will join me in April. What about you? I have managed to learn quite a bit from some other colleagues who have recently made the move from the UK. It is obviously difficult to get used to life and the way things work over here but I am enjoying it. Hope you are settling in well and enjoying life so far.

Leonard

Leonard there is a huge Scottish community here as well as a lot of other British nationalities. A lot of them hang out at the Dillmun club and the Rugby Club. If you want me to introduce you then I will be more than happy to do so

Thanks Jo, I may take you up on that offer, at present all of my spare time is taken looking at compounds at the weekends but when sorted will have to try to build some friendships.

Leoinbahrain wrote:

Thanks Jo, I may take you up on that offer, at present all of my spare time is taken looking at compounds at the weekends but when sorted will have to try to build some friendships.

I know quite a few real estate ladies who are friends of mine. I am also happy to show you around.

Depends on where you are working as you don't want a commute that is going to be terrible. Nowhere is too far away but the traffic can get jammed especially around school hours and when the lorries have their trip to Saudi.

Thanks for the offer but I have been dealing with the same agent since last year and have agreed to stick with her, at present I feel we must have viewed every villa in Bahrain! Lol

Hopefully something turns up, due to us having 4 kids, aged 9,8, 3 and 1 then it needs to be the correct decision for us all to fit in. I appreciate the offer and advice.

Thanks

Leonard

There should be plenty of villas around for you within your budget. I know how you feel about "villa hunting" it is a never ending process. I probably know your agent lol. Make sure she gets you a good deal.

I live 5 minutes walk to Elite Seef Residence so let me know if you need anything.

Cheers, will keep it in mind, likewise, I will be here for another month at least in the hotel.

Hi Leo, hope you are enjoying bahrain. We are moving there at the end of this month from Australia. The Elite Seef residence was recommended to us while we look for a villa. Would you recommend it? We will also be moving with 3 kids so will join the hunt for a villa shortly too - hopefully you have found somewhere by then and can give me some pointers!

Elite Seef Residence is not a villa. It is a hotel / serviced apartment so if you are looking for a villa, you should look for somewhere else. Check Bahrain Property World.

brightonguy wrote:

Elite Seef Residence is not a villa. It is a hotel / serviced apartment so if you are looking for a villa, you should look for somewhere else. Check Bahrain Property World.

I think Silver was saying that they will be staying there whilst on a villa hunt.

I am happy to introduce you to some friends of mine that are real estate agents and also drive you around so that you can see which areas you like best.

Hi Silver

That's great news that you are also making the move to Bahrain, I have stayed at the Elite Seef for 4 weeks now and have just extended for another month, my company always use this place for housing employees or visitors until they find somewhere permanent, I would recommend it as it it very clean, the staff are always very helpful and polite, it has a very nice swimming pool and a small pool next to it for younger children, there is a massive television screen, which they put football etc on, there is leisure facilities on top floor, steam room, gym, massage etc all the usual, one of the good things is it is near the shopping malls etc and is very easy to get.

I actually just managed to get a Villa today but will be staying in the Seef until 7th March. If you would like I could take some photos or a video of the hotel so you can see what it is like? If so let me know and I could post it on Facebook or something like that for you to view. If you and your family do decide to stay here until you find something then let me know and if I am still here then I would be more than happy to show and share what I know so far.

Thanks

Leonard

You can also check the Elite Seef Residence website to learn more about the place.

Thanks for the info Leo - glad to hear the hotel is good. Congrats on finding a villa already.

I checked out the hotel website brightonguy - it looks like it is in a good location.

Jo - you are so sweet to offer!

silver356 wrote:

Thanks for the info Leo - glad to hear the hotel is good. Congrats on finding a villa already.

I checked out the hotel website brightonguy - it looks like it is in a good location.

Jo - you are so sweet to offer!

Totally genuine offer. Big scary move with no one to be there for you

hi sharon, count me as a friend if you are ok with indians. i work in saudi and visit bahrain frequently. yesterday i was there any my next visit will be after 3 weeks.

azhar_bf wrote:

hi sharon, count me as a friend if you are ok with indians. i work in saudi and visit bahrain frequently. yesterday i was there any my next visit will be after 3 weeks.

I am sure she is OK with Indians, why would she be not?

have fun

Dr.Md.Fazlur Rahman wrote:

I am a Bangladeshi MBBS doctor, like to live and work in Baharin...
Is any one to help me?

Hello Doctor. A similar question was asked Only a few days back. Please refer that thread.

Best wishes.

Farhaz wrote:

Is any one to help me?

Hello Doctor. A similar question was asked Only a few days back. Please refer that thread.

Best wishes.

Here's the link.  Good luck with your search.

Farhaz wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

Is any one to help me?

Best wishes.

Here's the link.  Good luck with your search.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=328450

Apologies for the repeat post.

Hi Sharon, This is Semih. I am from Turkey. Hope to meet you

ottoman1 wrote:

Hi Sharon, This is Semih. I am from Turkey. Hope to meet you

Hi Semih. The post from Sharon is very old. :)

Hi! Just arrived in Bahrain a week ago. Im Toy from the Philippines. I'm a musician and I came here to work as a music instructor.

Hope to meet kabayans and new friends here!

Hi everyone,

I am Merima, from Europe, and as well as many here am new in Bahrain. I've been here for 3 months now and I must say that I am positively surprised :). It's lovely country, with kind, helpful people, organized pretty well etc. I hope you all are doing great and have a lovely stay in Bahrain.

Cheers!

I would like to meet up.  I have been in Bahrain for one year but not had the chance to meet many Brits.
Pls do reply.  I currently live in Juffair.

Regards
Arvind

Welcome all to Bahrain.. Enjoy.. Have fun.. Make friends..