Buy a House...

Hello,

I would like to buy a house in Hungary and I have already found some interesting properties on this website expressz.hu/ but I am not sure it is trustworthy.

I ask for your help to find many reliable websites!

Regards.

Looping32 wrote:

Hello,

I would like to buy a house in Hungary and I have already found some interesting properties on this website expressz.hu/ but I am not sure it is trustworthy.

I ask for your help to find many reliable websites!

Regards.

Expressz.hu is OK to find a house and is more likely to put you in contact with the seller directly, thus avoiding opportunistic and unregulated and profit seeking estate agents. Avoiding estate agents is a good plan to reduce costs. No-one wants to pay their fees.

There's a lot of other web sites, www.Ingatlanok.hu is quite good in the way it's designed. I cannot vouch for the houses obviously. There's plenty more. To search for houses, the word for real estate is "Ingatlan". 

If you want to buy a house, probably the best way is make sure you use a lawyer so that the transaction is completed correctly, the taxes are paid and the land registry is updated to show you as owner.

Yes, expressz is a newspaper with ads only, so there can be anything in there from scams to actual kindly old ladies in mortgage trouble.

If you are looking to invest and rent out, a reliable lawyer is enough.
If you'd like to actually move here and buy to live in, definitely come here first, see for yourself and rent until you find the right thing.

Thanks for your help!