Tex-Mex Food Truck opening in Gurabo, PR (East Coast)

Hello everyone, it's been a while, but it's finally here, the first Huasteco Tex-Mex Grill food truck is making it's debut in Gurabo (between Caguas & Humacao).

If you're in the mood for some tacos, burritos, tortas (sandwich), quesadillas or some spicy hot sauce, please stop by to lend your support. We should be up and running by the end of this month, plenty of parking next the the Coliseo (exit #8 from 30).

We'll be open for lunch from 11am - 3pm, Monday through Friday.

Also looking to hire some good folks, a cook/grill person and a line person/cashier, if you're a hard worker and have a passion for food, get in touch with me, we'd love to add you to the HTMG family.

Jane Diaz

Hi Jane,

isn't that some kind of advertisement ? (which is not allowed on the forum ?)

I recommend you to register / recommend your activity in the business directory

Thanks,

Julien

Hi Julien, thanks for your reply, my post wasn't meant as an ad, my apologies, it was meant as an update to the community letting them know we're coming and also offering some job opportunities in PR, which are very hard to come by. Also seeking support from the local ex-pats. I did register my business in the new directory, which btw, is a great tool. Thanks.

Where in Gurabo are you? I live in the neighborhood and would love to try your products!

Ah I read it now.. I'll be around sometime next week. :D

Hey Gary, I'm shooting to open on Monday the 24th, would love to have you come out, I'll keep you posted. Thanks for reaching out!

Yeah, let me know when you know for sure.

I will Gary, if you know of anyone looking for work, send them my way, you know how hard it is to find a job out here.

Yeah, I know. Maybe one of my nephews who lives in Gurabo is interested - gonna give him a call later.

Awesome Gary, much appreciated.

Congratulations Jane, will definately pass by and try those burritos. I lived in Georgia and they had GREAT MEXICAN food there.I think these type of "Micro-Business'" will both help the economy and provide much needed options for the local population. We have had great success at our place the Green Gorilla Grill in Cidra especialy since we open late at night. What are your hours of operation? Once again wishing you lots of success.
Eggy/Green Gorilla Grill, Cidra.

Hey Jane, I just rememberd my dad's family is from Gurabo. Will let them know about it.

Eggy, thanks so much for your wonderful wishes. Right back at you for your success. It's very nice to hear positive stories these days. BTW, I came across something online on your place just the other day. I agree with you, these little ventures should provide a boost into the islands economy and offer much needed variety in the local cuisine, I love rice and beans tho!

I'm planning on opening just for lunch to start out, 11am - 3pm. Maybe extending the hours down the road.  We will difinitely have to visit each others place, I always welcome alternative cuisine options. I tried to access your website and no luck, :( I did "like" your facebook page, feel free to follow us there as well for updates on opening day. Once again thank you so much for reaching out and your well wishes; much more deserved success to you. Jane

Oh and thanks for spreading the word with your family.

Yea, I know I've been having some difficulties matching our domain name with the website. I spoke to them and they said it would take a few days to sync them up.
We had a lot of success when we started opening late. There is another food truck in Gurabo called "De noche burger" and they have HUGE success at night. I think giving people an option after hours when all else is closed is the key. I would certainly welcome you guys to our place, just call me before so we can open up the VIP section(the table under the big tree with lots of shade) lol.

I'm thinking since we're going to be next to the coliseo and off the main road through town, there should be plenty of traffic for us to stay open late, safety is a concern.

I will ring you before heading out, your sandwiches sound delicious, you need some photos!

Safety is always a concern in all aspects of daily life here in PR, but more so when running a business, especially one like ours. I tend to be very pragmatic about this, so, I don't mean to dimay you but you may want to think about learning how to use and applying for a firearm permit.

Of course, that's something already in the works. Thanks for your tips.

Passed by your future spot today and saw a Taco truck across from the Coliseo. According to my nephew it has been there 'forever'.
Maybe you should reconsider where you're going to park yours?

That other stand captures traffic to/from the public medical clinic across from the coliseo. I didn't even realize they sold tacos. But now there's the new police station next to the clinic.

I'll give you guys a try sometime. I'm with eggyny: I'm always on the lookout for some decent Mexican food. I can make some decent carne en su jugo (had a Jaliscan roommate), but can't quite bring off other dishes...

Oh, and regarding Noche Burger, it's not worth it. Smells great, but they're just cheap Gordito burgers. We don't know why that place is so popular.

So I missed most of the fun, today. :rolleyes:
By the time I made it to Gurabo after finishing work, lunch was over..

Jane, it was nice to meet you and you bet we'll be back, in time for lunch!
Wishing you lots of success!

Jane! Open one near San Juan Please!!!!!
I miss the tex mex trucks from southern cali--we will support you over here too!! :)

Congratulations on the launch and best of luck.