Can a European learn to drive and pass his test in Tunisia?

Hi :)

Im British and moving to  Tunisia to live with my lovely Tunisian family in 2-3 months, I am currently learning to drive in England at the moment and taking advanced lessions ( but not yet passed thoery test ) I would like to know if when i am there i can take new lessions ( even from scratch ) in Tunisia once i am there? And can I get a Tunisian Driving Licence?

Thank you in Advance.

Shane

Yes you make your driving license in Tunisia!

I just need info as to the price of drivers school in tunisia for a tunisian in dinars

what is price in dinars for a tunisian to go to drivers school in tunisia?

hey hey !!
ofcourse you can continue your learning to drive here and you can also pass your exam without start leaning if you think you are good enough already with driving.
and dont be suprised for the prices because it has nothing todo with prices in england :D
and yes exam price cost like 40 dinars ! thats around 15 pound
and you have also to pay the car you will drive its like 20 dinars i thinks  that like 7 pounds
and to learn drive you have to pay 18 or 20 dinar peer hour  it depend of wich driving school you go
i advice you to do few hours driving like 10 hours so you are used for the driving wheel on the left and the gearbox on the right its diffrent than in england !
and exry thing will be contrarly ! like crossing cars and bing on the right if you drive slow ! also be carefull  cause its not that easy to drive in tunisia:D
also your tunisian driving lecence will not be usefull more than one year when you go back to england ;)
salaam and welcome between us

Hi Shane.

I am an Irish citizen living in Tunis for the last 14 yrs and yes I got my drivers license in Tunis about 4yrs ago.The written code exam was in french and the driving lessons were in arabic,however most instructors speak french;but you only need basic arabic to understand.e.g.to the left;to the right etc.

At the time it cost 13 dinars for 1 hr

By the Way,the Tunisian driving instructers were very good:

Hope this helps

regards Penelope

Hello,
What about the theoretical test. Is it possible to take this in english?

penelope23 wrote:

Hi Shane.

I am an Irish citizen living in Tunis for the last 14 yrs and yes I got my drivers license in Tunis about 4yrs ago.The written code exam was in french and the driving lessons were in arabic,however most instructors speak french;but you only need basic arabic to understand.e.g.to the left;to the right etc.

At the time it cost 13 dinars for 1 hr

By the Way,the Tunisian driving instructers were very good:

Hope this helps

regards Penelope

something important, you need a resident card to be able to pass any exam in Tunisia... The code is only in French or Arabic... Welcome to Tunisia