Register in Commune

Translation
Today I made the registration in the commune,as I am married to an EU citizen, How long can I wait for the papers will, and what will ask

hannahhadman wrote:

Also melby were you guys able to leave the country while they were processing it I have another friends whos been told she cant

My husband is Belgian and i am Indonesian. After got married in Belgium, we applied for the ID to the commune, 2 weeks after aplied the police came to check, then 2 weeks later i received an orange identity card (valid for 6 months). With the orange card i can not go out of the country. I think this system are normally applied to foreigners who are not EU citizen. And i will receive the F Belgium ID card after the 6 months. (the F means Foreigner, which means i still have Indonesian nationality)

hi please i can ask u same thing,what letters you asking(searchin)in the comune after come the police in home,what makes police questions when coming home, thanx

Elmaz wrote:

hi please i can ask u same thing,what letters you asking(searchin)in the comune after come the police in home,what makes police questions when coming home, thanx

The police came and asked some questions, like do i really live there, asked if i have gun or any danger things, and checked our bedroom, then asked me to sign the papers. 2 weeks after, the commune sent a letter which said that i have to call and make appointment with a staff there for further process and to bring the copy of my passport and 2 passport photos. Then i went there, meet the staff then stand in the queue to apply for the orange card, then 2 days after i went back to took my orange ID card.

Thnx thanx, haw  money income should have person that you  have married (i), in the momend you're going in comune thnx

Elmaz wrote:

Thnx thanx, haw  money income should have person that you  have married (i), in the momend you're going in comune thnx

My husband need to have minimum 1000 Euro income per month, and need to provide the prove of last 3 months salary slips. The prove of salary need to be attached and submited together with another document required in 3 months after my orange card issued.

My orange card issued on March 2014, so we need to submit all the documents within May until July in order to get Belgium F-ID card.

Thanks for everything, i have to need, i the moment you  was in commune, have need for Avokat or no, you have avokat  to the beginning??? Thnx

Elmaz wrote:

Thanks for everything, i have to need, i the moment you  was in commune, have need for Avokat or no, you have avokat  to the beginning??? Thnx

No, we didn't use any advocate service because we didn't have any problems and the staff in the commune are so nice and helpful.

Can I ask and something pleassseeee? I put the letters in the commune on 24.04.2014,and still no letter from the commune has come home to you presented in the commune, Do you know something and how much can be delayed,
Commune with told me in the beginning of a letter summoning comes then, after summoning, makes registration, police comes and checks you in Home,

Please can you tell me what steps followed in the beginning as there is nothing understand what's going on, thangs a lot

Elmaz wrote:

Can I ask and something pleassseeee? I put the letters in the commune on 24.04.2014,and still no letter from the commune has come home to you presented in the commune, Do you know something and how much can be delayed,
Commune with told me in the beginning of a letter summoning comes then, after summoning, makes registration, police comes and checks you in Home,

Please can you tell me what steps followed in the beginning as there is nothing understand what's going on, thangs a lot

Below were my experience:
* To get an Orange Card:
1. Applied in the commune on 24th February 2014 by gave copy of passport, and wedding certificate,
2. Police came to do the check and interrogation on 1st of March
3. 12th of March we received the letter from commune to make another appointment with an officer in commune and to bring the 2x passport photos.
4. 13 of March we meet the officer that we called to made appointment with, there she gave me a letter for other inquirement to apply for the Belgium ID, then we went to the queue of the ID department to make the ID
4. 15 of March we picked up the orange ID card.
The orange ID card valid for 6 months so it will be expired on 14 September 2014. I can start using that card to looking for job because i am married to a Belgian. I cannot go out of Belgium with that card.

*to get Belgium ID card:
need to bring some documents within the 3 months since the orange ID card issued, at least at 14 June 2014.
The documents required are as below:
1. The proof of mutuelle of Belgique (insurance) : for me
2. last 3 months salary proof : from my husband
3. Working contract letter from company : from my husband
4. The proof of residence (could be proof of apartment payment or copy certificate of house)

The Belgium ID card that will be given is with the sign F (for foreigner) and will be valid for 5 years.

After give all the documents to the commune, they will make the decision on 14 of September and let us know if i could get my Belgium ID.

I hope this information is helpful for you. Good luck with the process.

Thangs a lotttttt

Elmaz wrote:

Thangs a lotttttt

You're welcome. ;)

Hi Sis Enny,
I just have a question. As I am starting to prepare my documents. I wanna know if its okay or will it be acceptable that a CD compiled all of me and my Fiancee's email, chat messages, pictures etc as proof instead of printing all of them and since it will really cost too much and for me not having a hard time bringing all of these papers in the embassy and yet as all we know for sure their not going to read every things that's in there. You think this is possible? This is just an idea. Thanks

Hi everyone,

I really need help.
I have already visited the commune for registration like a month before.
The problem that happened was that by mistake the commune sent the communication to my address instead of the Police, and hence the Police did not visit my house.
I did go back to the commune and they said that they will again inform the Police and it seems like they did, i cannot be sure really.
But the other problem now is that I visited the Police station (really hard to find the right one), they only speak french and keep telling me to visit one week later since the Police office is sick, as they say.
I have now already visited the Police station twice and am expected to visit again on Monday.

I wanted to know what can I do now, or should I just wait, or there a way I can escalate this to someone?
The attitude of the lady at the Police station is very rude and I am not sure what to do now, she really pisses me off.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?