Where to watch rugby world cup matches?

Anybody have any idea about which pubs in Bordeaux will be open at 10am this Saturday to show the France-All Blacks match? And where I might find some other ABs supporters??! :)

Hi and welcome to the forum pippa_m!

What's your prediction ? :)

Armand

Hi there Pippa are you in Mumbai or Bordeaux???? I love the A'B's...they are the best looking!

Hmmm 10am Bordeaux...I know the city well but a pub at 10am on a saturday....might be pushing it my friend!

ME I AM AN ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER!
i have heard connemarra irish pub, there is a group on couchsurfers
making an event of it, but i would love another all blacks supporter as so far
im the only supporter i think, and its 10am sunday not saturday :)

i just found this it says these are the pubs taht are open for rugby in bordeaux

Cock & Bull
23 Rue Duffour Dubergier,
33000 Bordeaux
05 56 81 64 72
Hours: Saturday & Sunday from 10am
The Kitchen will be open from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and will serve full english breakfasts as well as all their usual meals.

-----------------------------------------

The Houses of Parliament
11 Rue Parlement Sainte-Catherine,
33000 Bordeaux
05 56 79 38 03
Will be showing most of the major Rugby World Cup matches after 7am.
Check:  hop-pub.com or allomatch.com for full listings.
Should anybody be interested in a match that isn't listed, contact the pub as they will accomodate where possible.
They don't have a full kitchen, but will be serving hot pies/sausage rolls, though feel free to bring food in with you if you like.

The Frog and Rosbif
23 Rue Ausone,
33000 Bordeaux
05 56 48 55 85
Hours: from 7am
Breakfast available!
website

The Sherlock Holmes
16 Rue Judaïque,
33000 Bordeaux
05 56 48 51 22
Hours: from 7am
sherlockholmespub.fr or allomatch.com

The Connemara Irish Pub
18 cours d'Albret
33000 Bordeaux
05 56 52 82 57
connemara-pub.com or allomatch.com

Oxford Arms 
9 Place Martyrs de la Résistance,

33000 Bordeaux,
05 56 51 41 48
Hours: from 10am
oxford-pub.com

Awesome!

shityeah! I can't wait to see NZ beat France again! Being in France is just the icing on the cake!

It's great that heaps of places are showing the game, thanks briar, but does anyone know where the best place to see it is?? I'm working in St Emilion & don't really know Bordeaux too well, also don't want to come all the way there to find some dive pub with no atmosphere!

Help me out please! GO AB's!!

Just found out that there will be a giant screen downtown on Place de la Victoire, from 09h30 onwards, so why don't you guys show up with your flags and bonne humeur?

bordeaux-tourisme.com/pl/coup_coeur.pl?lg=fr&id=861

Go France, whatever happens, it'll be entertaining for sure!

Sof

yeah that could be quite good except for the fact that standing for 80minutes and ten for half time might be tiring.  I also don't have a big flag but will still dress in lots of black.

It's meant to be 22 degrees tomorrow, however you are quite right that the morning will be chilly.

Ok im going to watch it aat place de la victoire! dressed in black of course to support the winning team!

Yep - I think I will head there too! I am pretty sure the cock & bull is at least pretty close to the place de la victoire if it's not really happening there!

I've even got a flag - Go AB's!!