Visting Bordeaux for a non-French speaking traveler

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking about visiting Bordeaux to learn more about wine and am concerned it would be difficult to make appointments with vineyards and travel through various Bordeaux wineries for tasting on public transportation without speaking any French.

What would be your opinion and do you have any suggestions on how I may do so?

In addition, I would love to meet new people during the stay to learn about the local culture and life there.

Thanks in advance, Sylvie

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking about visiting Bordeaux to learn more about wine and am concerned it would be difficult to make appointments with vineyards and travel through various Bordeaux wineries for tasting on public transportation without speaking any French. What would be your opinion and do you have any suggestions on how I may do so?

Also, please let me know if you may be interested in grabbing a drink in the future! I would love to meet new people during the stay to learn about the local culture and life there.

Thanks in advance, Sylvie

Hi Sandy!

It would be great to meet you! I will definitely keep you posted on my travels there.

Sylvie

Hi Sandy I had an experience in Strasbourg, I don't know any French ... but actually, people there were so nice ... they try to help you if they can.

Hello i May be able to help i am In wine business i work with many vineyards
And speak English not too badly
Cedric

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Promotion of own services on forum not allowed. You can register your services freely in the business directory.