New meeting! :) Wednesday 14.09, 7.30 pm, fountain St. Michel

Hello All! :)

I know time is very short, but maybe some of you have free evening tomorrow.

We will meet tomorrow, eat vegetarian  fallafel (even if I'm not vegetarian, it's good to try something new ;) ) and just have a good time somewhere in St. Michel! :)

If you would like to join, you are welcome.

Joanna

ps. of course vegetarian food is not mandatory, if you wish to eat something else in St. Michel it's not a problem ;)

So it is ok if I'm carnivore then? :)

Well, don't know yet if I'm available coz I'm swamped at work right now.

How can I know you guys are gonna be there? Is there a secret code like "I'll be wearing a red hat"?

Cheers,
David.

Perhaps, I can join,
Time and Exact location please.

kanha_bhagat wrote:

Perhaps, I can join,
Time and Exact location please.

My guess : 7.30pm at the fountain of St Michel?
Just a guess... ;)

Hello!

David: of course, meat-eaters are welcome;) I'm also not a vegetarian, but this time I will!:)

Tomorrow meeting it's kind of free-style, in St. Michel I know a place with really good vegetarian fallafel but I think you will find something for you too in this area:)
So we take a food and just enjoy St. Michel, maybe a walk, maybe a bar, it depends of the people and the weather of course.

kanha_bhagat: all details are in the subject of this post;)

See you tomorrow!

Joanna

ps. how to recognize each other: I would say, I will wear a white jacket, blue jeans but if it's not enough I can send in priv my phone number

Well, I'll see what I can do to find you with your description.
I mean, if I can make it coz I usually get off work late and I arrive in Paris around 8ish so I might not make it to 7:30.

Anyway, if I feel I can't make it, I'll write a message.

Hi, I'd like to join as well. See you later!

Hello Slaquer, you are welcome, see u! :)

David, don't work too long it's unhealthy!

Ok, def not gonna make it to 7:30. Last minute problem at worl, I'm stuck.

Have a nice evening!
Next time, let's plan something after 8pm! ;)

okk I guess I have to cancel the meeting coz you are next one person who won't come...what a busy city
maybe next time....
Have a good evening
Joanna

Well actually I made it around 19:34 but didn't find anyone.
Well I guess I know why now! Haha

I couldn't post a message here coz I found that you might be on your way and therefore, not able to go online. I mean, not all foreigners have a smartphone.

Hello David,

Yes, I use phone with access to internet.

Your post is very interesting, if I'm right, you did some research and all french people use smartphones, foreigners don't.
Maybe something more about foreigners?

Joanna

No, you're wrong. "Not all foreigners use a smartphone" is different than "foreigners don't have smartphones".

What I meant is that most of the people I've met who were travelling or staying a while in Paris didn't have smartphones except my friend Vivian who is totally baller and got a brand new iPhone 4 as soon as she arrived in Paris.
Maybe with expat it's different since they stay longer. I've only met au pairs or students doing one semester or a year so far so that might explain the difference of prices of the phone you can afford.
But I can understand than some people don't feel the need of getting a phone plan with unlimited 3G and stuff if they're not even staying a year in Paris.

I mean even some of my friends don't own smartphones. But the situation is different since I have their phone number so no need for me to email them or write a post in a forum if I'm late or whatever.

Something more about foreigners? Well, depends on the countries I'd say.

David, May be we didn't recognise each other, but I was till 8.00.
and didn't find anybody ;).

Oh I see that in fact 2 came...

I'm really sorry, I cancelled the meeting because I thought no one will come, as I've got masseges that people have something else do to or changed the plans.

I hope next time it will be better.

Joanna