Legal Documents for Visa

Hi
I pretend to move to israel to live with my boyfriend, he is israeli so i will apply for the work/residency visa as the foreign partner of an Israeli citizen, and i am from mexico; my question is if someone knows if i should translate my documents from spanish to english or is not needed.
Thank you

I am not sure that Israeli Law recognises partners who are not married. And certainly not for residency or work visas.

I suggest you contact your local Israeli  Embassy or Consulate to clarify the situation before proceeding further.

Like I said - I'm not certain- check it out!

Best wishes

I believe that you would have to have everything translated into either English or Hebrew, but I'm not certain. I would recommend doing it anyway; better safe than sorry. Check with the embassy to see if there's a requirement of who translates it and if it needs to be certified/notorized/Apostilled. Maybe the embassy can translate it to Hebrew for you...?

Israel does recognize unmarried partners of Israeli citizens for residency and work privileges (called yeduim batzibur; "known in public"), though the requirements are different than people who are married. Have your boyfriend call the Ministry of Interior office in Israel to ask; the embassies usually will say you can't, but I promise you can ('cause I did).

Thank you, For your answer i already made the translation and apostilled process my own government offices told me what israel asks :).
I also know that i can do it cause i have couple of friends in israel that have done it too .
And my boyfriend already contacted the Ministry of Interior office.
Thank you very much, you have been very helpful :)

Hi,

You're blog is so helpful - such a nice thing to do.  It is serving as my guide to the Ministry here, as they have been quite resistant to help.  I just moved here two weeks ago and I feel so unprepared.  I had been to the Consulate (Israeli) in NYC, but they made it seem like I wouldn't really have a problem and did not inform me of what I would need.  I am not blaming them :)  I didn't ask the questions the right way or not the right questions. 

I was wondering if you could tell me which offices to go to in the Ministry, where to make an appointment and all.  When my boyfriend and I have gone, they send us to different offices and then we are sent back and so on.  I am afraid I am without most of the paperwork I need for this process.  Fortunately, my father is retired Army and has many resources near the home. 

Your post is such a nice thing to have done.  I feel a little more secure having read it.  Thanks so much.

Jen Ferguson

Hi there

I think that only the Interior Ministry can help, but don't know exact department.

Do you KNOW which documents you need?

I think it depends on whether or not you're Jewish and what is the purpose of you being here. Is it to become a citizen, a permanent resident, a temporary resident or a tourist? Work visas depend on status.

Good luck!

Andyboy

Hi, i will post the link where the member key heart lion posted a list of documents that you would need if you pretend to apply for a visa of residency and work but if you are not jewish
https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … tizen.html
hope it will be helpful cause it was for me, for me has been very fast to get all the documents ready in a month but i am still in my country, and i will going to israel in couple of weeks.
I hope that this list that you will find in that link will be more helpful.

Thanks, everyone :)

Hello Every one,
I have here a situation that I would like to get help,
I move to Israel 8 years ago and got the citizenship, I'm living  with my partner for more than a year, we have a common child. Since she got to Israel we start a process to get a common law status by the minister of interior.
They ask us a lot of requirement that we already furnished but we still have one document that we can't furnish.Since my behalf is from Philippine where she was married and since there is no Divorces in Philippine (by the official law)
It was required for us to give a certification of annulment. Our problem is like this, we cannot get this paper because her husband is opposing. We also give to the minister of interior a declaration specify a file have been open to process the annulment, but they claim it's not enough.
Do someone having the same situation, is there anyway to deal with our problem.
I will highly appreciate any help.
Thanks,