Relocation to LA, work in Calabasas

Hi

The topic subject says it all, I am seriously thinking about moving to LA due to a very interesting job offer in Calabasas - north of Malibu area / north west area of LA.

1- Where is the best place to live for a 30 years old french guy enjoying live music, running, walking, sports in general with a reasonable commute to Calabasas? is it Studio City? how is life over there?

2- I am relocating from France to the US. I am looking for a rental and furnished apartment, do you have any tip on how to proceed to negotiate the leasing contract?

Thank you in advance for you help!
+

Bonjour.  Well for a young person Studio city is not a bad idea.  On the week-end you'll be closer to the city and Studio city has some soul (Calabasas has none whatsoever). Unless you love the outdoors and would consider living in Topanga Canyon which is lovely and 15 minutes from the beach. 

For the apartment you might want to consider living in an extended stay hotels and then start looking around from there.

Good advice!  If only it wasn't so far, I would recommend some of the beach cities as well...good expat community, lots of exercise options, and hey: beach! 

Studio City is cute.  A little "hip-er" than most of the rest of the Valley (sorry, Valley), and it will save you a lot of drive time in lieu of living in Hollywood or beach. 

Good luck to you.

I agree, my first intention was to stay in Santa Monica area but well the commute time is just not worth it as I see it right now... I could go there during the week-end instead.

I just hope Studio City is somehow alive and that I will be able to socialize over there. I am outging and like to jogg / go to the gym... do you have any good spots to recommend?