Immigration attorney

Hello,

I'm planning on retiring in Portugal - either in Lisbon or Cascais. I'm looking for an English speaking Portuguese lawyer in lisbon who can help me with immigration, renting an apartment or maybe a room temporarily, setting up a bank account, etc.

Can anyone refer me to a lawyer you've used who you highly recommend, or do you know someone who used an attorney they were happy with? If yes, I would appreciate receiving contact information along with the name.

Thank you!

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

we are in the process of doing this and are using Defesa Legal. who we would highly recommend they are very helpful. We spoke initially with Jorge who gave us the lowdown.

Regards

Pete

He is based near Oriente station in Lisbon, and has a Tomar location.  We felt his pricing is fair, and he communicates well in English.

Only used for house purchase, so we can only recommend in that area.  But all interactions went smoothly and were professional and courteous, and we felt, a great benefit to us.

Good luck,

Bruce

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : Please share names and contact details in private. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@mgorman339 - Hi I used *** based in Lisbon for the purchase of my property. He was very helpful

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : Please recommend in private.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@mgorman33902 Dear Maureen, we have used a company in Lisbon for our immigration. We researched a lot of find them, and cold contacted them when we first arrived along with several others. We picked them on price / quality of their reply which answered all our questions from the initial email line by line. We also had them do the legals on a couple house purchases a few years ago.

Our immigration was simpler, but since then then we have recommended them, for example, to one of our American tenants who have had a good experience also (I should clarify, these are tenants here in Portugal, as we supply rental housing in the Alentejo, for D7 visas and include resettling assistance). Recommendations are private on this forum so add me as a contact if you'd like.

Hope this helps! - Elizabeth

Hello everyone,

To share names and contact details, click on the member's photo and choose the send a message option.

Thank you

Regards

Bhavna

@mgorman339 do not expect the level of service or communication that you are accustomed to, which is highly frustrating. You are welcome to ask for details like my friend shared with me on their experiences.