Is Portugal better choice than spain to live

I am A US citizen Im retired and looking into obtaining a lucrative visa to reside in Spain . What are my best choices for assistance in obtaining a visa?

The NHR option has now gone.

Not sure what lucrative visas are available for Spain (not up to date) although the attractiveness of Portugal, financially speaking, has wained considerably in the past couple of years.

Hi biking16, Welcome.

Some help here:

Experience sharing about Visas to Portugal (D7 & others)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=971460

(Post #4 - D7 / USA)

Regards

The Portugal "golden  visa" may be what this refers to?  Forget that.  It may have been worth it years ago, if you had that kind of money, but more recently I think people who've tried it have been sorry, and it's slated for extinction.

I'd suggest Spain, for someone who doesn't know the difference.

If you have not done   --    I'd suggest you spend time in different areas of both the countries and decide where you want to live before wasting time/effort on investigation of immigration procedures of places you don't want to live. When you have made a decision there are companies/lawyers who will advise taylored to your particular circumstance and requirements,  these differ from person to person,  also they can do the work for you if you pay them. Such companies may appear if you use the forum search facility.

@slugsurmamates this aspect has, but I wouldn't agree when you compare the other European options it still makes the most sense for me depending on your location in the country.

I am A US citizen Im retired and looking into obtaining a lucrative visa to reside in Spain . What are my best choices for assistance in obtaining a visa?
    -@biking16

Isn't there any information on the website of the Spanish Government under "Immigration"?