Suggestion accommodation and residency in Chiang Mai

Hi all, this is Doug and i am also in the process of obtaining residency and am interested in learning on how best to find a nice 2 bdrm apartment and any suggestions on the best areas in Chiang Mai to live without a car.

thanks in advance for your time and information!

@obeiddoug172

Hello and welcome on board Doug !

Please note that I have created this new thread from your post on the Chiang Mai forum so that you may better interact with members.

Feel free to have a look at the ads posted in the Housing in Chiang Mai section and find some useful tips in the Accommodation in Chiang Mai article.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Bhavna you are so kind. Thank you very much. I will ask you ques as our process for obtaining the one- year residency visas. All my gratitude, Doug

Bhavna

i need to learn about expat health insurance options in Thailand. i dont want to pay for international health insurance but obtain a health insurance policy from within a health insurance company in Thailand. can you please share your knowledge and advice and direct me to any source in Expat.com or a url on the internet.

thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Doug

@obeiddoug172

Get an "O" visa whether for retirement or non-retirement and health insurance isn't required. A loophole.

@obeiddoug172

Hello, till members guide you, feel free to read the articles of the Living in Thailand guide for expats. You will find  sections on formalities, visa and healthcare.

You may also use the magnifying glass at the top right to search for topics.

All the best

Bhavna

Bhavna

Im sorry for my ignorance but i am a bit confused. So heres my question, you wrote to me the following:

“Please note that I have created this new thread from your post on the Chiang Mai forum so that you may better interact with members.”

Am i now in the new thread you created for me or do I need to click on the words ”Chiang Mai forum” which is in blue and an active link.

Again you educating me and guiding me is so soulful and I am soulfully grateful. And i will click on the last two links you sent me to read articles etc. Doug

@obeiddoug172

hello, yes indeed, you are now on the new thread of the Chiang Mai forum. Your post was previously on the New members thread.

Regards

Bhavna