UK Passport Renewal at British Embassy in Manila/Cebu

My passport is due for renewal in a few months, and I'm wondering if any UK expats here have renewed their UK passport while staying in the Philippines. Can it be renewed at the British Embassy here, or does it have to be done online, and my old passport posted to the UK?

Thanks

I renewed my UK passport whilst in the Philippines a few years ago, as far as I can remember everything was done online and my old passport was sent to them via DHL which I paid for, both a fee to send my old passport to the UK, but also to send my new passport to me here in the Philippines, but I had to request and ensure that they not only sent my new passport to me via DHL but they also returned my old passport, because if you are staying here in the Philippines long term, the Philippines Immigration Dept want to see a passport stamp showing your most recent arrival here in the Philippines whenever you go to the Bureau of Immigration here in the Philippines so it is very important that you have your old passport returned to you.

Hello From-The-Ashes,

It would be nice if someone who has gone through the process before could share their insights to advise you on the most effective methods for passport renewal.

Please keep us updated, we look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team