Building a home for my wife's family

My Philippino family is located in Minapasuk on the island of Negros. We are wanting to build her Mom and Dad a home. We are worried about getting scammed and also about price hikes for foreigners. We want a reputable contractor and any other advice would be appreciated.

@cdillavou1. Not advise but... I would build everything slowly and don't make it appear that you are swimming in available funds.   

My wife built a small home for her mom last year at the family farm. After talking with her friends she found the price to be about 20k USD for a cement home 30 × 30 Sq meters. She tried family for the construction but family wanted to charge more than contractors.

She had her adult daughter fly to Davao to manage the project. My wife managed direction and budget from the USA through the daughter. That kept the budget and contractor on schedule and costs reasonable.

She also built a 5 bedroom 2 story with 2 bathrooms and bought the land 60k USD in todays dollars in Laguna. She managed that from Hong Kong. It can be done but you have to be very viligant. She had to find suppliers to keep the markups from being part of the foriegn cash machine.

Thanks