100k budget for the house

I want to ask for an advice very low budget for building a small house 2 bedrooms 1 toilet and bath small kitchen and dining thank you budget plan pls

If the amount is in pesos, 100k would hardly be enough for a small house. For one, to legally build a house, that's not a residential nipa hut or bahay kubo, you have to have plans drawn and get a building permit. That requirement alone would cost you PhP40k-70k.

Thank you for your response yes not bahay kubo only for the house the permit is not included in the budget only for the house do you think it is possible I just want an advice and a plan also because me and my hubby don't have idea in putting or building a house and our money is only 100k

Senyorita chubbylita wrote:

Thank you for your response yes not bahay kubo only for the house the permit is not included in the budget only for the house do you think it is possible I just want an advice and a plan also because me and my hubby don't have idea in putting or building a house and our money is only 100k

If you have US$100k, yes, you can build a small house. Hire an architect to draw up a plan per your specifications (since you need this anyways to get a building permit). In the plan, there's a bill of materials, which lists the materials needed and cost. Usually, this is understated in the permit to reduce the fees at city hall and for lower property taxes. Just make adjustments based on actual current price to get an idea on how much it would really cost.

If your budget is PhP100k, no. To legally build a house, you need to submit plans and secure a building permit.  Building plans and building permit alone is 40k-70k. Which leaves you with 30k-60k. I think PhP60k might not even be enough to build the foundation of a 80 sqm bungalow and a septic tank.

Thank you filamerican mom my money is only 100kphp I want to build a house with 2 small rooms and 1 small dining u toilet and kitchen I don't have budget for an architect my mother inlaw only give a land only our problem is plan for building our small house thank you 😔

Is your land in the province? In Metro Manila commodities are high. Most probably the house you can build will be very small and simple and made probably of regular wood. I hope you could get a carpenter that charge cheaper and wont cheat on you. Budget your money. For toilets, go to some market place that sells cheaper toilet bowl, it can cost around PHP 8K. Do not go to stores that sell double or triple the price. Permits are expensive too. Good luck.

Yes my place is in batangas do you think is this possible 100k budget for the house the four sides maybe cement and the divisions are flywood thank you for the response

Find first a good and honest carpenter and tell him your plan and ask him how much will cost you.
Seek the help of the Barangay personnel too. I am not sure about the prices in the province. Maybe they are cheaper.

Thank you I will follow that 😌

Thats  not correct.  Cos for 100k dollar you can buy a  big townhouse or mansion in any city  of choice.
For a small house, you dont need an architect.
But if you need to hire workers , you are screwed if your  not an Filipino. Sounds racists, but its a fact that foreigners will be charged  more

So much rambling on here about the cost to build a house in the Philippines.  Is it 100,000 pesos or $100,000 dollars?   
100,000 pesos will hardly build a shack anywhere in the Philippines,  while $100,000 US dollars or 5 million pesos  will build you a very nice livable house in many areas of the Philippines...
End of story ...

i just gave 400 usd for a 1 room shack to be built in kanaga,leyte. My girl's family lost their house during yolanda. They were living in a nipa hut that finally collapsed It is a 15 by 15 wood house with a door and windows and even has a covered porch and  dirty kitchen. Also built them sari-sari store for 100 usd and fully furnished it for another 200. I think it is a matter of finding a carpenter that is hungry

Actually I paid already the building permit and my budget is 100k monthly.. How could this 100k made up how many post could it make.my lot is 500 Sq meters andy house plan was 150 Sq meters only

How is the budget going?  My family and I are also going to build in Batangas; will be purchasing ~2,200sqm land but have similar budget for a dwelling; would expand on it in the future, but just need something simple to start as we'll be traveling between countries often.

I just purchased a Bamboo room 14 x 14 for 100000 peso but I still need to add cr kitchen and deck on front I think it will be another 100000 to do that . If you find a good builder that you trust they can help you plan build what you need first then add on when you have more money ?

Solid inexpensive house  Solid house that will standup to earthquakes. Click on link to watch video.

Okidoc wrote:

Actually I paid already the building permit and my budget is 100k monthly.. How could this 100k made up how many post could it make.my lot is 500 Sq meters andy house plan was 150 Sq meters only

Hi and welcome to the forum Okidoc. Can you explain or clarify your question please? Will help members to offer opinions.

Cheers, Steve.

FilAmericanMom wrote:

If you have US$100k, yes, you can build a small house.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy but,,100K US is 5m pesos..For that amount you could build a mansion and have all the glitter. ):

Thank you filamerican mom my money is only 100kphp I want to build a house with 2 small rooms and 1 small dining u toilet and kitchen I don't have budget for an architect my mother inlaw only give a land only our problem is plan for building our small house thank you 😔

She stated 100k PHP.

I also am not trying to be a wise guy Munchie and readers but it's all relative to ones perspective, A mansion to me, a westerner in my home country is something I cannot afford, say Au 5M and upward, yes expensive in Oz but to buy a "mansion" or even lesser properties one can spent that easily,,,,,,, that's in Oz, I watched relentlessly for years the property prices in PH. and while I/we watched within our chosen area to live over 3 years the prices doubled.
Where we eventually purchased on the beach is 90% expats and the basic asking price for property there is PHP 20M and while all are very nice houses are certainly not mansions.

To build a respectable fence on 3 boundaries is a million pesos, Proposed extensions at the basic end are PHP 10K and the lavish end 40K.
I am out of the picture with these initial estimates as the better half is dealing with prospective architects and the builders.

Putting it back into perspective, we live in a 3 bed/2bath home, absolute beachfront to the high tide mark, concrete everything, solid, everything works, 2,500M2 land but our house is the worst in the best street, I am sure our expat neighbours think we are poor, go figure, the rellies and friends think we live in a mansion.
I am happy to be in their homes too as the love and friendship is about family and not ever the almighty dollar. I found my home but is certainly not available where we live for 100,000 pesos nor even a hundred K US dollars.

I do see plenty of property within our area of La Union starting at PHP 200K but no title etc.

Sorry I have waffled on enough.

Cheers, Steve.

if you want a 150 sqm house the cement for the floor will be ~30K+

By the time you add in rebar, labor and other incidentals to the work you are already near 100,000 PHP.

I see face book rumors all the time about cheap houses.

You can build it real cheap. Problem is in a year you have to rebuild it all over again because the termites ate it.

Unfortunately this question was asked in the wrong forum. Western Expats have much different expectations than the Filipino populace. If you go back to my January 14 post I think you will find your only recourse that will work for you on this thread. Bamboo houses are very sturdy and inexpensive to build.

Lat61 wrote:

Unfortunately this question was asked in the wrong forum. Western Expats have much different expectations than the Filipino populace. If you go back to my January 14 post I think you will find your only recourse that will work for you on this thread. Bamboo houses are very sturdy and inexpensive to build.

Since the OP is referencing building plans and a building permit they are not talking about a bamboo house.

They are talking about concrete and steel.

Munchie wrote:
FilAmericanMom wrote:

If you have US$100k, yes, you can build a small house.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy but,,100K US is 5m pesos..For that amount you could build a mansion and have all the glitter. ):

The OP's question was whether or not she can build a small house with 100k budget. So, I said, yes, you can build a small house with a US$100k budget.

Five years ago, we had our house built. It's not a mansion. But it cost us more than 5 million pesos. Some of my clients' houses in Ayala Alabang and Corinthian Gardens, with the high end Kenneth and Mock windows . . . those are mansions.

Philippine Destiny wrote:
Lat61 wrote:

Since the OP is referencing building plans and a building permit they are not talking about a bamboo house.

Too late to edit the original message so I wanted to correct myself in that I see now that it was not the op who mentioned the building plan and permit.

bigpearl wrote:

I also am not trying to be a wise guy Munchie and readers but it's all relative to ones perspective, A mansion to me, a westerner in my home country is something I cannot afford, say Au 5M and upward, yes expensive in Oz but to buy a "mansion" or even lesser properties one can spent that easily,,,,,,, that's in Oz, I watched relentlessly for years the property prices in PH. and while I/we watched within our chosen area to live over 3 years the prices doubled.
Where we eventually purchased on the beach is 90% expats and the basic asking price for property there is PHP 20M and while all are very nice houses are certainly not mansions.

To build a respectable fence on 3 boundaries is a million pesos, Proposed extensions at the basic end are PHP 10K and the lavish end 40K.
I am out of the picture with these initial estimates as the better half is dealing with prospective architects and the builders.

Putting it back into perspective, we live in a 3 bed/2bath home, absolute beachfront to the high tide mark, concrete everything, solid, everything works, 2,500M2 land but our house is the worst in the best street, I am sure our expat neighbours think we are poor, go figure, the rellies and friends think we live in a mansion.
I am happy to be in their homes too as the love and friendship is about family and not ever the almighty dollar. I found my home but is certainly not available where we live for 100,000 pesos nor even a hundred K US dollars.

I do see plenty of property within our area of La Union starting at PHP 200K but no title etc.

Cheers, Steve.

Yes mate, but beach side property is not a fair comparison i this scenario. The same as you can't compare Manila to back woods "anywhere". Find a place with no foreigners and you can get a deal. i still say you can buy a nice lot and put up a decent house in mainstream Php without losing an arm and a leg. Foreigners have forced up prices where I am. A lot of them have money to burn so dont give a flying **** how much it cost them..........Pfffft, Australian real estate......., lets not go there. Those poor b******s there are in trouble,

Munchie wrote:
bigpearl wrote:

Cheers, Steve.

Yes mate, but beach side property is not a fair comparison i this scenario. The same as you can't compare Manila to back woods "anywhere". Find a place with no foreigners and you can get a deal. i still say you can buy a nice lot and put up a decent house in mainstream Php without losing an arm and a leg. Foreigners have forced up prices where I am. A lot of them have money to burn so dont give a flying **** how much it cost them..........Pfffft, Australian real estate......., lets not go there. Those poor b******s there are in trouble,

Hear you Munchie especially with the likes of westerners pushing prices up, 100% agree. (unfortunately  I am guilty too because I have a white face but we secured free title and tax declared lots with a very solid 3 bed 2 bath home, from the Canadian that purchased then built on the the 2,500M2 lot 10 years ago, absolute beachfront for less than PHP. 6M from him, watching and waiting for 3 years, original price? 14M)
It's difficult to understand the OP's asks as it's not definitive with figures nor currency and also appears the OP is not around any more.
Simply? We are on the beach proper, very comfortable house, access from the rear road and paid 5.75M pesos. While not a mansion and not what this post was about was a bargain considering the few properties for sale one block off the beach are asking PHP 20M+.
Yes we are in the backwaters but all the services and very quiet and safe.

Building a mansion in our backwater neck of the woods? 6 hours drive from Manila? Free titled land one block off the beach is PHP 3K per M2, on the beach? The block next to us is for sale, slightly smaller than ours but asking PHP 13M with no house.
We recently had some ceilings replaced, PHP 100K + 30K for insulation batts R.3. as said a decent fence on 3 boundaries is PHP 1M. Building a mansion even in Filipino terms cannot be had for the funds mentioned.

As for Australian realestate? While it's all relative I certainly made money for the last 40 years dealing within that market and will still prosper off loading properties over the next few years. The OP needs to get back to members here with workable figures but is potentially living in a nippa hut with no internet.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Philippine Destiny
Yesterday 10:09:00

86 posts
Province of Iloilo, Western Vi

Lat61 :

Philippine Destiny
Actually if you would of clicked on the link and saw the video, you would of seen a cement floor. Also plywood walls could be added, she didn't mention steel or want a building permit. Bamboo houses are not taken seriously by most Westerners. But they are a great alternative for those with a lower budget.