If i buy a land for name of my girlfriend and then i do leasing

If i buy a land for name of my girlfriend and then i do leasing for 50 years ,  and then if some days i have some problem with she,  i want know she still can get back from me that land where i have a house too?  I want buy land then build house doing in this way? What is opinion of expat people in philippines?

My advice living in the Philippines for 15 years, DONT!

Thanks for advice

Yea, don't stop at living in the Philippines for15 years. Peace be with you.

Thanks

giovannigio wrote:

If i buy a land for name of my girlfriend and then i do leasing for 50 years ,  and then if some days i have some problem with she,  i want know she still can get back from me that land where i have a house too?  I want buy land then build house doing in this way? What is opinion of expat people in philippines?

You may either put up a company or you may execute a deed from a lawyer (sorry i cant spill out the details publicly).

If you have a falling out with your gf regardless that you have a legal lease I will almost guarantee you that she can find a way to take it from you with the help of an attorney. Remember, you are the foreigner.

johnt77 wrote:

If you have a falling out with your gf regardless that you have a legal lease I will almost guarantee you that she can find a way to take it from you with the help of an attorney. Remember, you are the foreigner.

true if you dont know what u r doing.. lol :D

Thanks so what i understand is i have to start with a company, but for open company i have to meet first a lawyer.
So i have  other 2 question
1. How i can find a lawyer? I mean a good and honest lawyer
2. How much is a lawyer here in philippines?

Well, you should be able to find one or two honest lawyers in the Philippines!!! Fess range from about 1000 P per hour and up.

johnt77 wrote:

Well, you should be able to find one or two honest lawyers in the Philippines!!! Fess range from about 1000 P per hour and up.

LOL

Your buying/leasing could entail a lot of problems in the future with a woman that you are not sure about (& many of them here you can not be sure of)!  Much better to only rent  if you can find something acceptable at a reasonable price. Don't live where your wife/girlfriend is from because that gives you less control. If you insist on buying: have a lawyer draw up statements for your wife/girlfriend to sign, duly witnessed & registered, viz: 1) All the money used in buying the property came solely from you. (And keep verifiable records of your expenditures.)
2) Your wife/girlfriend will not list or sell or rent or lease the property without your written approval & following your written instructions.

You can also be given power of attorney

But girlfriend/wife could revoke power of attorney at any time?

I am not sure if she can, but that is what I did

not sure if children are in your future, but a lawyer recently told me that if you have a child with a Filipina, put the land and home in the childs name and she can never take it from you in case something happens

don't invest more money here than your willing to lose

Yes i have plan for have children in future,  but i wanted ask, if just we live together and we have children , is ig good i put name of children?

Infact i non want invest more but just enough for have a house.  And i am not looking for a expensive land ,  just 50 sqm ca be enough. i think that i can spend buy land then rent house,  in this way i think i can save money o spend less

I am a British subject. My Embassy supplied me with a list of Lawyers to choose from. the list gave their specialty in subject of operation

So  who you choose?

I didnt choose a lawyer at the time, I was only made aware of the list, due to the actions of corrupt people I met, and I needed help from my embassy.
I know that the list excluded lawyers that may not meet the approval of my embassy. Those that were given to me were at least Valid Lawyers recognized by my embassy. Ask your embassy for a list of Lawyers! And you choose

Buying  a house and lot - there is certain law of buying properties for Foreigner.
Properties or real state are basically they know all this rules.

But if you buy directly without  agent you have to check carefully.

A condominium or flat   foreigner can buy but not a land as i know.

First of all, do not fully trust your girlfriend!  Its sad to say but you must protect yourself, and know that love oftentimes goes sour, so you need to have a game plan in place if that happens.  Rent first until you are sure that your relationship is progressing and not regressing.  Wait until your first born child and then buy the land under the child's name and lease the land under the child's name but own the house yourself.  It makes the situation more complicated for your girlfriend.  Do not marry her for a while because this will keep her baited to stay in line. She has no legal status working against you and she will feel impelled to work towards that status.  Once you are more confident in your relationship you can marry her. 

Calculate the cost of a good rental home- say 700 per month- and multiply that by, lets say, five years.  That would be about 42,000 US dollars.  You can have a house built for that amount.  My point is, if after five years you lose it all, you would have just lost what it would have cost you to have lived well renting there.  No big money will be lost.  Anyway, if the relationship goes sour, you would have had to leave shelter and inheritance for your child.  If you can't afford this, then you should seriously consider not coming to the Philippines. If you don't have decent money to give yourself a start, you are better off back home in your country, rather than live like a pauper in the Philippines.  Caucasians who do not have money are much less respected in the Philippines or anywhere in Asia.  They will look down on you as a loser.  Their impression is that Caucasians are rich and if you are one of those who are not, then you are a loser according to them.  Some food for thought....

the simple answer dont trust anyone !................you are better of by renting its not great way of doing things but if you want to read the Horror stories of people that trust a woman there you only have to Google it .......they will have far more respect for you if you are very careful............yes it would be great if you could buy land there most of Asia comes under the same laws you cant ...........it is possible to get around the law yes .......give your money to a person that can buy the land  any one that helps you do that ............are not working in your best interests .......if your lucky and you know a white guy there with kids ............you can put the land in his kids name and lease it from them nothing you do will be easy or simple ..............you just have to think smart ...........personally i would get a house first get a woman second  ...........most will tell you a relationship may go sour its not going to plan they have plans for you money ? no make your own plans be smart !

Take it from one who almost got stung. Trust no one, especially the women. Try another country away from Asia......or return home.  I did.

Sir
If you buy land in the name of your girlfriend, It BELONGS to her, you can lease it BUT with the corruption in the Philippine government and the LAWYERS you are going to find your self with nothing. If you are all ready worrying  about / what if this happens/ You had better  think twice about this type of "deal".

I am not a lawyer.  So, my first instinct is for you to contact a lawyer NOT referred to you by your girlfriend.

I do know a few things about property ownership.  One may own property as a company.  So, in the investment restrictions in the Philippines under a 40/60 (meaning foreign ownership of companies may only be within 40%), you may technically form a company to purchase said land at 40% ownership.  However, that means 60% is and will still be controlled by your girlfriend.

Having stated the above, my best advise for you is to buy a condo under your name.  You, as a foreigner, may purchase a condominium unit and have title under your name.

Your relationship matters are your own, so I'll refrain from responding to those.  I do have one issue, consider marriage first, and a pre-nuptial agreement prior to this. :)

All i can say last time i was out there a German guy bought a house with his GF then went back to Germany ....when he returned all the locks had been changed and was told its was their house now..............next the found a German guy died on the beach...........so when people say be careful .......they mean like you life depends on it
90% poor 10% rich in the Philippines should tell you something they have laws that work great for the few ........a pre -nuptial agreement wont work you cant sign away your rights.........they will say and rightly so its to protect the woman even if the money is yours !.............and then you have to go through the court process the beginning of another nightmare ........................if you want to make a small fortune in the Philippines start with a big one

It seems you already received lots of great advice. If you are smart, you will listen to the advice and follow much of it.  If you don't mind living in a condo, as somebody suggested, buy one for yourself.  You can have title to it.  If you have children with the girl then plan on buying your house in the future.  You are young yet, it seems.  As a great man once said, "Desperate people do desperate things!".    Pinoys are friendly and many of them are really nice people to socialize with, but, still, never trust anyone.  I have friends who have told me stories of members of their own family swindling them out of money in the Philippines. It is very common.  If you do not listen to any of the advice these people, as well as that which I gave you, then you only have yourself to blame when you get burned.  Live in the Philippines for a few years as a renter and get a feel for the people and the country.  This may help you to get over the "honeymoon" effect of living in a foreign land.  Usually, men who are experienced in relationships with women have the maturity to be wary of them.  If you do not have such experience, you may be vulnerable to being under the spell of romance, thinking your girl is different, that she is a pure one, an honest one, a loving, god-fearing one.  When a woman thinks that that is how you are thinking of her, then for sure she knows she found a sucker and she will eat you all the way down to the pit!

Ate1 wrote:

It seems you already received lots of great advice.
When a woman thinks that that is how you are thinking of her, then for sure she knows she found a sucker and she will eat you all the way down to the pit!

Ate1, You must have been shopping the women who ONLY experience foreigners who visit or already live in the Philippines...What you say about women there may be true with the majority of those...But women, from the rural areas of the provinces, who have had little or no contact with foreigners are an entirely different breed....You can easily find a woman who is honest, loving and loyal whose only intention is to be loved, live a better life and have a family...

If you are not aware of this than all I can say is I feel sorry for you....

I already gave you advice, but here is some more: trust is a word in the dictionary especially dealing with Filipinos....

have you ever been to the provinces ?  ..............sure you have a great plan but before you do it ............just ask a guy if its a wise idea

Thanks, infact what i wantbuy is a land 50 sqm if it is 2000 php so it is 100.000 php, then i spend  other 100.000 php o 200.000 php formake house, so it is not so much money i want invest,   sure iconsider all people here advice to me,  infact i want just to see even i non spend much, if there is a way for protect my money,  it is also a good idea to buy for mychildren name, because in this way like father i can give a future for my children.
Someone know how much is here for build house here jn philippines in a 50 sqm,  maybe 3 floor?

Infact if i am here asking expat people idea because i non trust because if we have just a small problem she wkll got all and then bye.

listen.. some people will tell you to buy a condo.. but BEWARE,,  if your not in a very high end condo, and all your neighbors are Filipino, you should think twice. there a huge difference in cultures and while some Filipinos  have respect for others, most do not. they will play music loud.. talk on the phone and slam doors for no reason at all hours of the night. they don't do it annoy others, but that is part of the culture. I have lived in many condos in manila and Cebu.  the only condo I was able to have a good nights sleep in was a studio that I paid 25,000  pesos per month for. here in the province I pay a fraction of that and its for a fully furnished 2 bedroom home with a gated yard and fruit trees everywhere. province living is the way to go. with the money you save, you can take a vacation to manila anytime you want.. for me, this is a no-brainer

i've learned a lot from reading this forum. all i can say is.. live a simple life..
and if you can pretend that you only have enough money to spend then much better
just test your girlfriend, if she loves you more than your money.
though its easier said than done.. coz women knows how to dig secrets
but seriously, so rare you can find a woman who is not after the guys wealth
wish you luck

Lease land in your name for 50 yrs w/ option, build your house, keep house legally in your name.
This is only way to legally own a house. Then when she piss you off, kick her out.
No problems

I agree with tommi. Don't live with Filipinos to close to your door. They are the noisest people and all hours. A latino trait they inherited from their past Spanish masters.

I am sure there are many decent women,not only in the provinces of the Philippines, but also in the cities.  Duplicity and sincerity are not characteristics of human nature which are restricted to those who live in either an urban area or a rural one.  The point I was making for the fellow was that one has to hope for the best but assume the worst when meeting a woman in the Philippines.  Sincerity or any other virtue in a person is born out with time and if one is not patient and willing to postpone making major life-decisions such as marriage to a girl he knows little about, then he is putting himself in a very vulnerable situation.  Sorry, but the odds are against people who immaturely give the benefit of the doubt to these women without investing the time to assess who they are and what their intentions may be.  Yes, there are many foreigners who have married very good pinays and they are very happy.  I am not slandering pinays but to think that the average pinay, or any other woman there in Asia, whether from a province or city, is a sparkling jewel of virtue is immature and naive.  The best defense against guile is healthy skepticism.  Some men are absolutely convinced that women there are rotten seed. I am not one of them.  Also, men are very, very, very vulnerable to the charms of women and usually fall victim to their own passions.  So:  "Let the buyer be ware!"

Also, please, we are all here to add to people's knowledge. Lets not allow the dialogue to deteriorate by making demeaning insinuations such as you did: "feel sorry for you".   I could be nasty as well.  Such comments only serve to trigger off flaming.  OK, enough said on that.  Peace to you and good luck to the guy who asked for the advice! Sige po.....