Hi from Australia

Hi All,
My name is Natalie and I am about to move to Seremban from Melbourne, Australia. My husband's job is the reason for the move and we are both really excited about it!

I know very little about Seremban, so I am hoping that some of you may be able to answer some of my questions....

I am a teacher with 8 years experience....is it easy to find work??

I love going to the gym....is there one in Seremban that does classes like pump or step??

What is the shopping like????  Are there supermarkets or will I need to go into KL for that??

If anyone can answer these questions I would be very happy!

Thanks everyone!:D

Hi and welcome on board Natt80!

Your message was moved to the Seremban forum for better visibility!
Hope your queries will be answered very soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Nat,
Sorry, I'm from KL and don't know a lot about Seremban. If you are looking for a job though it might be worth getting in touch with AISM. It's an Australian school based out in Serdang which is about 20 minutes drive from KL and in the right direction for Serdang.
Good luck,
Jo

Try to get in touched with Australian expats.
Website you can look for Australian schools based in Kuala Lumpur can help you.
Supermarkets  all over the place.
Only western groceries you might able to find in Ampang (all embassies located)
LOCAL PEOPLE LIKE AUSTRALIAN EXPATS  so I am sure you will enjoy yourself.
You can look for Kajang Higtes )Or Hights) there was a Australian school or Run By Australian maybe still there.

You will be okay

Natalie...hello.We are a family of three moving to Melaka in early January 2012 and keen to meet some more Aussies. Have been trying to find out if any in Melaka but no joy as yet. How are you finding life in KL?

Kim

hi natt,
my name is sharon and my husband and i will be moving from egypt to seremban shortly (march 2012). We do not know anyone in Malaysia and was hoping to make friends. It would be nice if you have the time to communicate via email.

Hi there, I am a local from Seremban, I am not too sure about getting a job but when it comes to exercise there are a few places that offer step dance/ aerobics/ zumba/ belly dance etc..I am currently going to this place called Exhale in Kemayan Square:)

There are not many shopping malls but a few main ones like Jusco, Seremban Parade, Terminal 1 Shopping Complex etc. Everyone usually goes to Jusco for shopping because it is the biggest and newest..Hope you enjoy your stay at Seremban:)

Hi you cannot work in state schools however if you are properly qualified teacher in Australia then international schools are an option. But that depends where you will live!

Also depends on what sort of teacher as supply/demand issue!

Hi. Seremban spreads into a very wide area as there is now Seremban 1,2,3. Which part of Seremban is your husbands employer renting the house for him? Every city in Malaysia has supermarkets but for high end shopping you have to go to KL and its less than i hour drive if you dont go during rush hour.

for a job you might need a working permit but the internationals schools can easily help you with that.

Hi she doesn't need a work permit as her husband will have one and she will be on a long term social visa. She just needs an offer letter and contract and take that to immigration and get her visa stamped again. No employment pass required

Hi Natalie,

How are you?? Just saw your post, hoe is not too late..

Are you still in Seremban, 'cos I live here too..

Hope to hear from you soon

Seremban is like new suburbs 40 minutes drive From Melbourne and not many activities,
You can get in touched with Member DEBBIELICIOUS she seams staying there.
Good luck.

HI, i am responding about your article on relocating from Melbourne to living a life in Seremban.

i am not sure whether you are an Asian but if you a Caucasian. that place surrounding environment is probably is almost like that in Melbourne.

Now i am the least qualified to comment the city because i dont live there but in knowledge wise, i know quite much about the city. i live in another small city Melaka which is just 1 hour drive from Seremban.

to me, Seremban is bored place. a quite laid back city compared to most hectic fast paced city in Malaysia. is good for a place for people who do not appreciate the rushyness and the hastiness of life.

for many people, quality of life, not just means available of convenience facilities (like clinic, convenience store, grocery shop, hypermarket, petrol kiosk etc) but the peaceful environment and the weather as well as the security (crime rate) in the city. that kind of service the local council able to provide to the local citizens. that is suffice to say the least.

basically every where in most cities in Malaysia there were crimes and i don't suggest there is no crime in seremban just that the crime index rate in seremban is lower than most cities in Malaysia.

regarding about jobs is not so easy because there is less development in seremban, most residents (to be exact 80-88%)iwh lived in seremban, earned their living income, in working in KL

to know more about seremban, you can actually go to en.wikipedia (dot) org/wiki/Seremban

www (dot)virtualtourist (dot) com/travel/Asia/Malaysia/Negeri_Sembilan/Seremban-1281845/TravelGuide-Seremban (dot)html

hope the information above suffice

regards

god bless

I wanna find more supper places in Seranbam! Now my fave store is 365 lol prob cux of free wifi??

I think uptown has all u need for a supper place or try footiam

Feel free to ask if u have any question since I m local seremban

Yes lots.are looking to rent as well.interested in nilai 20mins highway to seremban.there is nilai international school .google.see my reply to " moving to Malaysia