Need advice about living in Zamalek or Maadi

Hello my name is Laura, I am cuban and will move to Cairo next year. can some advise me about living in Zamalek or Maadi? office located in Garden city. how is traffic these days? it is nice to drive in the area? thank you in advance.

@Laura Hernandez81

Hello Laura,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new thread on the Egypt forum from your post so that you may receive some feedback from members.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna thank you very much

@GuestPoster16122

I recommend to make friends with some local people you can fully trust and ask them to find a suitable apartment for you to rent. They should first give the impression to the landlord / landlady that they would like to rent the place for themselves. Because in this case the rent will be much cheaper than for a foreigner. As soon as it is clear how much rent the owner would like to have you can come together with your local friends for a next visit and reveal that the apartment is for you. Now the owner would have problems to explain why they would rent out the place to you for a much higher amount... ;-)

I live in Zamalek since 5 years and I am already in my fourth apartment here. If you would like to ask me any further questions regarding that, please send me a private message here.

Good luck with your plans to move to Cairo. It is an interesting and exciting place, but also very challenging in many respects.

Best,

Friedrich

Maadi is very nice , i live in Maadi and a lot a lot of foreigners live there too.

It is convenient area.