Taxi price dobrich to Loznitsa

Just bought house in Loznitsa and I need a price or availablility of a

taxi price dobrich to Loznitsa.

Or uk expat to drop me off next month and a price for your services

I haven't tried catching a taxi from Dobrich, but Google shows there are several taxi companies in the city.

We usually take taxis from Varna Airport to our house in Krasen, not that far from Loznitsa, and usually pay around 150 leva. A couple of times the drivers have tried to charge us more, but one time a more honest driver said it was only 110 leva on the meter. I paid him 150 anyway, for being honest, and hold firm to no more than 150 with the ones who ask for more!

So Dobrich to Loznitsa I would think a maximum of 150 leva by taxi is about right. You need to be sure you also arrange getting back, as there's no taxi or bus service available in the village.

Sorry for delay in replying

This is William. I had to open a new expat account as the last one would not let me send messages.  I bought the house in loznitsa.  Thanks for the information on taxi prices from dobrich.  I will have to hire a car for my 1st visit to my house in order to get supplies. How many miles is dobrich to loznitsa?

According to Google Maps, it's 55 km, about an hours drive.  I would allow a little more time, there are loads

I think having a vehicle is best, as there's no bus or taxi service in the village and I'm almost certain there's not a village shop, either. You'd need to bring in what you need. Is the house actually liveable, with water and power connected?

Toshevo, a nice small town en route, 30 or so km away, has a couple of small supermarkets, hardware, and household stores, and has a decent building supplies store, but very few people there speak English and the shops tend to be tucked away on side streets. Dobrich has big supermarkets like a Lidl and Billa, and also a huge building supplies store, Praktiker, where it's possible to online order or many of the staff speak some English if you want to buy things for the house in the store.

Thanks for the info.  The house is livable with no decorating needed. It was lived in till march 2023. It has 3 bedrooms an outside toilet but no shower. It does have a small shower room with a hose pipe but needs tiling. The best part is it has 7999 sq m garden with vine yard and a field of corn on the cob.  This is my 4th visit to Bulgaria this year.  The solicitors and notary are all done and I have the keys.  I always get a direct flight to sofia and next day a train to varna. Will hire a car but never drove on the other side of the road before.

Wow! That sounds wonderful, William! Great buy!

I hope it all works out for you.

@minzol  It's quite scary the first time driving on the other side of the road. Just take your time...I would recommend you try to get a flight into Varna, the drive from Sofia to dobrich is quite a distance for your first time driving on the other side.

I will be getting the train to varna and hire a car there.  Then a 2 hour drive to my house for 1st time.  I have the location on waze so hope to find the house OK with mobile phone app.

You'll soon get used to driving on the other side of the road. The first time I did it I was on my own and collected a hire car in the centre of Riga, Latvia, and drove onto the main city trunk road at 10am in a rain storm, that was a bit nerve wracking! I find there are two things that I have to particularly focus on one is roundabouts (in my limited experience Bulgaria doesn't have many anyhow), the other is pulling out of junctions in quieter roads where there is very little traffic. It sounds daft, but when you don't see the traffic flowing it is very easy to pull across to the wrong side of the road. If you are travelling with someone ask them to help you. My partner is Bulgarian, but she has only regularly driven in the UK, when we are driving in BG we always try and make a point of looking out for the other, particularly in the first couple of days as invariably we'll pull out of our village side road and naturally drift to the wrong side.