Mobile.bg feedback ?

Hi everybody,

I want to buy a motorbike in Bulgaria (don't want to drive 1000miles myself from Germany or to pay a transporter 2k so no import) and have already checked mobile.bg
which is the Bulgarian version of the famous German website mobile.de
Some prices are very attractive, so I was wondering about the actual state of the Bulgarian
motorbike market as well as the trustworthiness of the website itself.

So.... has anyone ever bought a motorcycle or a car through mobile.bg ??
Or have you heard some feedback on that website?

Any other advice regarding my situation will also be appreciated.

Well, the site is just a online marketplace.  You're not buying from the site, you buy from the owner/dealer that advertises on it.  The quality of the product and the ease of transaction does not lie on the website whatsoever.

Thanks for the answer,

I know it is only a Web market place,
But what I meant was also, whether the motorbike/car market in Bulgaria is known to be particularly untrustworthy or not? For example, I once bought a car in Czech Republic and I knew one local person who told me never to look for a second hand here because the mileage is not real for any car and so that one which displays 100k miles was likely to have 250k ...
Is it the same in Bulgaria?
(It is also sometimes the case in Western EU countries but not always and we have some ways to check it)

johntheoldone wrote:

Thanks for the answer,

I know it is only a Web market place,
But what I meant was also, whether the motorbike/car market in Bulgaria is known to be particularly untrustworthy or not? For example, I once bought a car in Czech Republic and I knew one local person who told me never to look for a second hand here because the mileage is not real for any car and so that one which displays 100k miles was likely to have 250k ...
Is it the same in Bulgaria?
(It is also sometimes the case in Western EU countries but not always and we have some ways to check it)

Sorry I cannot comment about the market in BG :)  However BG and Romania are very similar in many aspects, and second hand vehicles here in RO often have odometer fraud and non-disclosed accident history, much like what you've heard about CZ.  Even taking the vehicle to a mechanic won't guarantee a clean bill of health, as a lot of the auto mechanics are incompetent or get paid off not to reveal problems.  I guess it's an Eastern Europe thing...

Maybe someone with boots on the ground experience in BG can comment and confirm?

This is what I was worried about. Yes I guess, like you say, it is the thing with Eastern Europe. And it is most likely the case for every neighbor country so there isn't any proper solution to my problem since I don't want to import from far away.
Nevertheless, many thanks for answering (:

Hi we bought our car after seeing it with a dealer on mobile.bg and have had no real problems with it, the dealer even sent a mechanic with us to register the car on Bulgarian plates.

As for odometer readings cant comment ours seems OK it was imported from Italy which a lot of the cars here seem to be.

Shop around and look carefully as you would in any other country :)

Hi, thanks for sharing experience!
Are dealers giving some "second hand warranty" ?
So you think it is not necessarily more problematic here in Bulgaria with odometers than anywhere else?

Some dealers will give a warranty others don't much the same as everywhere else.

I can't really say about the odometer problems as ours was OK but there have been lots of cases of cars being clocked back to give a lower reading.

I moved here from the UK and there have even been cases of clocking cars there, it all comes down to picking the right dealer. We spent nearly two days wandering around dealers in our nearest city (Vratsa) before we found the right car. But we knew we wanted a 4x4 so it was just finding the right one.

Our dealer couldn't speak English and we couldn't speak much Bulgarian so most of the deal was done through their google translate, but they were great and very helpful.

I would advise coming to Bulgaria and visiting the dealers on a face to face basis then you can see what you are buying.

Besides it will be a nice ride back and a good holiday :)

I found my car on Mobile.bg, had the guy meet me at the BMW dealer, they checked it (costs about 200lv) and I haven't had problems besides the usual maintenance. But overall it's a hit or miss and most of the time it's a miss, big time fraud here, cars are brought salvaged from other countries, odometers are rolled back, chasies are straightened and so on, also people tend to sell their cars when there is something wrong with them. How do I know that? Well I have a mechanic friend who imports cars also I have many friends who have shared their experiences. So in conclusion get it checked at the actual dealership not a "know it all mechanic" it will cost you more but save you in the long run. I had multiple cars checked before I found the one I have now.

Hi. Many thanks for the answer. Exactly what I wanted to know!
So I will definitely look for an official dealer around the place where the seller lives (whether there is one or not, as I do believe I will not find official dealers everywhere in small Bulgarian villages) before going there. 200lv seems OK for BMW, compared to what it will cost in West Europe.
I appreciate the sharing, god bless you son