Health Insurance Cancellation by previous employer

My Iqama was expired 15 days ago and I have transferred to new employer yesterday. However my health insurance validity was still 6 months remaining which was on previous employer. Today I checked that my health insurance is not valid anymore. Can you please confirm how did that happen. Is this automatically cancelled by the system or my previous employer has cancelled it.

Desperately needed an answer and a solution as my wife due date is after 7 days and my insurance is not valid anymore.

Employers cancel health insurance when employee leaves.  It is part of the standard agreement with insurance companies i.e. you have to notify them when an employee leaves.  Your new employer should provide health insurance for you.

Dear Xtang, I understand that. Please confirm the purpose of cancellation from previous employer is to get refund from health insurance company?

The reason being informed earlier that my wife due date is after 6 days and I am not able to admit her on insurance now. It will take more than one week at least for my new employer to get me & my family a medical insurance. I had asked my previous employer to hold off cancellation of health insurance for 2 weeks for delivery purpose. But they insisted that cancellation will occur automatically

They get refund from insurer.  Plus, it is a matter of contract.............every contract from insurer compels the employer to notify them about new joiners and people leaving within a certain point of time.   This is a matter of practice.  Once you shift employment, they are under no obligation to keep your insurance and that becomes the responsibility of the new employer.

Thanks and appreciated

I have taken transfer on expired iqama. Now my new company is telling me to ask your old employer to cancel your health insurance. Without cancelling health insurance my new company cannot renew my iqama and my old employer will never do that.

Any one have solution???

If the insurance is still valid, the iqama can be transferred. And even renewed. This is what happened for me.  So I don't know what your employer is on about.

@XTang

Thank you for your reply. I got transferred but my new company is telling me to ask old employer to cancel health insurance and I know my old employer will never listen. I don't know now what to do

Well I have already told you that it does not need to be cancelled.  All you can do is talk to both employers and hope one sees sense.