Accommodation and cost of living in Gambia

Hi, I am interested to move to Gambia, and like to know what are the rental cost for a studio, flat, or house, as well as the general cost of living.

Thanks for any infos.

Sasha

@sasha2023

Hello and welcome !

In which region or city are you looking forward to relocate ?

Till members guide you, you might have an estimate (it is not accurate though) on the following website : https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … try=Gambia

Regards

Bhavna

@sasha2023 Hi, various factors to consider, Number of rooms, Location, Furnished or Unfurnished. For a decent build house/Apartment i think cost can be anywhere from D 15,000 to D 40,000 per month depending on above factors.

Would you have any sugge for a place bear baku 1bedroom furnished flat ?  Thank you

sorry,  corrector, 1 bedroom,  furnished flat near Baku.  Thank you

@raffaella DG Yes, I know of few rental places near Bakau.

Thank you, would you be able to share them?

Thank you

@raffaella DG hi, Are you on facebook?

Hello everyone,

Please note that people offering accommodation or searching for accommodation should post an advert in the Housing in Gambia section of the website.

This is so because we verify the ads before publishing them to ensure that they are safe and not scams.

Thanks in advance

Bhavna

@Bhavna can you tell me more about Gambia? What to expect from their immigration officer as a first timer?

What the country offers to other African immigrants? My purpose for relocating to other African countries is to stay permanently or get a permit that would be renewed yearly.

Please advise,

Thanks

@ayomidekellybalogun

hello sorry but I don't know anything about Gambia !

Surely members settled here can help you out.

Regards

Bhavna

@ayomidekellybalogun I believe Nigeria being part of ECOWAS, you dont need visa to come to Gambia. For permits its permit A if you are residing here or B if you want to work as well. Permits are renewable every year with a nominal fee of i believe $100 for Permit A and probably around $250 for Permit B.

@wasif ali, I appreciate your response.

This is it, this would be my first traveling experience outside my country, I want to relocate with my household (wife and 2 kids), I cannot afford visiting for 90 days first and go back then revisiting.

I want to move once, can we get a permit to stay as long as we want from the first time?

My kids are very one and would be schooling there. I am a clergyman, I have my little ministry and a little business as well.

Please advise me accordingly.

Thank you.