Onward Ticket

If you're not a Filipino Citizen, you can't just fly one way into the Philippines. You need to purchase a roundtrip or onward ticket before flying or you will be left at the gate. Exception to this rule is any children 15 years or younger with their Filipino Parent. Just jumped through hoops this morning all for naught, kids were with their Mom.

@Lat61 permanent  residents do not need a round trip ticket, they always check my visa to make sure I am a resident before I board, most airlines will sell one way ticket,  you need an onward ticket, usually a throw away to complete  your trip, before I was a permanent resident I always  bought a one way with a throw away, we saw what can happen here during the Pandemic those with round trip tickets waited for the date to return. In the meantime they canceled  all flights, so you are stuck in the Philippines,  if you had only one way tick you could leave before it shut down

Remember it well, we had a ticket for 4/23/20, but PAL kept pushing it back, finally got out 6/19/20.  Was there with Balikbayan status since October of 2019, so there was no problem leaving.  Had been waiting to take a February cruise out of Singapore, had tickets to fly to Singapore, but it all got cancelled.   Got a 6 month credit for the tickets, never used.