Uk visa without permesso

Hello , I am naima from Pakistan currently studying in Rome. I need to travel to UK in May , can I apply for uk visa without permesso? My 1st time permesso is in process atm. I have residency in Dubai and I have travelled to Uk before

@nyma shabab yes you can apply you should have the appointment receipt you can send the copy of that

Hello , I am naima from Pakistan currently studying in Rome. I need to travel to UK in May , can I apply for uk visa without permesso? My 1st time permesso is in process atm. I have residency in Dubai and I have travelled to Uk before
-@nyma shabab

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The UK is not a signatory to the Schengen agreement, so your Permesso has no relevance for travel to the UK.  The process for applying for a short-stay visa for the UK can be found on the UK Gov website; this link will take you straight to it.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@basgoa1 Hi do you have experience with it? Because I am in same process for applying for UK visa with renewal receipt as my Permesso is expiring on 19th September.

@Cynic Hi,

The problem: Non Italian (Non EU) people need to show that are legally staying in Italy. Thats why they ask for residence permit, or proof of legally staying in Italy.

@Cynic Hi,
The problem: Non Italian (Non EU) people need to show that are legally staying in Italy. Thats why they ask for residence permit, or proof of legally staying in Italy.

-@Ricky0109

The use of your Permesso, together with your passport is part of the travel aspects of the Schengen agreement.  The UK has never been a signature to Schengen and has never permitted such travel.  If you wish to temporarily visit the UK, then you need to apply for a UK visa like all other Indian nationals.  Details of how to apply for a UK visa can be found on the UK Gov website; this link will take you straight to it.

I agree that if a Third Country National is currently living in Italy without the appropriate residence documentation, then they are not likely to be issued with a visa to visit the UK.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team