Romanian mentality

There are some kind people in RO , but there are a lot of bad people , and bad people meaning they are ********like if someone has a problem with you (they feel discriminated in other countries) they use all of there connections (through coruption) to tax you more money , leave you without a job if you decide to get a job , even spiting in your food at a Fast-Food or a coffee in a Coffee Shop . And be carefull , bad people are very good actors and they will fool you in believing that there kind people.

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : Inappropriate comment.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Ava,

Thank you for starting this thread.

I think we should avoid all stereotypes. We can find "bad people" everywhere and in any country. This is does not happen only in Romania.

On another note, I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience there.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Avaa6 It happens in every country.

I am sorry you experienced that.  I am an English speaker expat here for a year and a half.  Everyone has been very nice to me.

There are two sides to every story also.  I would be surprised if the OP has absolutely no culpability in how others behave towards him/her.  There's a phrase which often holds true, "you get what you give".

I have only met and experienced the nicest most helpful people in Romania. Sibiu is my area to live. And I am looking forward to being back soon.

29 years in Romania.

49 nations and have lived in 5.

Romanians appear to be much friendlier than the citizens in 3 of the other 4 nations we have lived in.

Yes, our house in Cluj was robbed 3 times; but smechers abound in every nation.

And someoone spit in your coffee/food...wonder why?