French student looking for a placement w a social worker in Scotland

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am taking the liberty of contacting you because I am currently studying to become a social worker at Etsup in Paris and I am looking for a second year internship with a social worker - 3 or 6 months, starting at the end of October or beginning of November - as part of an Erasmus project.

Erasmus is a unique opportunity to discover a country and, in this case, its health and social work.  It will be an opportunity for me to compare everything I have discovered during my first year of training and my internship in the national education system with Ireland, which has its own culture and mentality. It would also allow me to enrich myself personally, by allowing me to improve my level of English, and professionally by discovering new practices.

I would be grateful if you could redirect me to the right contacts if my request is misdirected and I apologise if this is the case.

Please accept, Sir, the expression of my most sincere greetings,

Célestine Giambona-Decan

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I just took a phrase from your post and ran it through Google Search; this is one of the hits that came up (link).

So what does that tell me - that there are social work internships being advertised in England; I got no hits for Scotland, but I assume they must have them as well, but perhaps with a different Agency.

My advice - join LinkedIn and reach out to your peers already working in the country you are interested in; find out who is hiring, how much they are paying and where it is.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Hello everyone,

In addition to what Cynic posted, I would like to point out that the forum is not a job board. @ Célestine, you are required to post an advert and create your CV/resume in the Jobs in Ireland section of the website to get offers.

All the best

Bhavna