Marriage in Egypt

I'm Estonian who meet an Egyptian guy over the internet he looks really great he asked me to marry him I said yes however I'm afraid if things get complicated so I need to be cautious he told me he's divorced without kids so how can i be sure he doesn't lie; I decided to stay in Egypt  despite everything

@Elizabeth9090

at first welcome to egypt

second in order to make sure he is not lying the easiest way to do that to know someone trusted who can ask about him if you knew where he stays this is normally and happens here all the time of a guy is proposed to a girl the girls family asks about the guy on his neighborhood or u have to know someone from the police who can check on him

@Elizabeth9090 you can check in the courts about his marriage, whether he is divorced or still married. How long have you known him, if you met online?

I would be cautious until you know more about him, marriage is such a big jump. I am in a civil marriage with an Egyptian who I'm soon to be separated from after 1 year. Take your time get to know him, his family & his village/city before tying yourself to this man. Good luck!

It sounds like someone I know who is always hunting for new East European women on the Internet. This one is definitely still married and living with his wife. ***** he thinks he is still entitled to 3 more women at once, without telling any of them about the others, of course. It is so easy for him to divorce anyone he likes and move on.

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : Unnecessary comment
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

stay away from him forever don't even think to have him as a friend JUST IF:

He asked you for money

He want to marry you with orfi marriage contract

He doesn't have stable job with a salary suitable for life

wish you the best

@Jamal_Sabry what orfi?

@Elizabeth9090 un official contract, he can marry and divorce without any legal consequences, while the law force him to announce his second marriage or facing 1 year imprisoned with 50 k as fins in the official contract casethe below link depict differenceshttps://lawyer-egy.com/law-projects/the-differanc-between-official-and-unofficial-marriage-orfi-contract.html

Don't marry him. These predators on the Internet are especially on the look at to catch out innocent women, play with their lives and then throw u away like a bag of trash. People pretend to be nice to get anything. We have nothing to gain by marrying them but they has toooooo much to gain by marrying us. At first he will say, yes, we will live in Egypt. After a few weeks/months he will start to behave so badly until you say lets ho to my country and that's when his horrible agenda will start to esculate. Don't bring trash to your county. Save your self the heartbreak. Trust me, I'm telling you by experience. They will even swear by god but it means nothing! Tell him you're not looking to get married. In fact say to him ypur previously married and a formal divorce hasn't taken place yet. Then watch, he might just disappear because now he can't gain.

@Elizabeth9090

He's not called **** M*** is he?? His friends are not Areej, Gendi, DrMosfa, mobamad saber? If it is M*** M***, then STAY AWAY from him. He is a known scammer. He especially targets foreign women and really abuses then in every way possible. He has multiple women on the go at the same time. Please see social media page, Reyna kalowski for his pictures and evidence of his scams.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Names should be shared in private

@trasera07

Are you talking about m*** M***. Please see IG page Reyna kalowski for his pictures and evidence of his cheating.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Names should be shared in private

@sheetalpatel561 will keep your advice in mind

@Rose. Syrup that's not him.. he sent me documents proves his real name, address and profession I then hired private detector and he confirmed it's all genuine including his marital status

I decided already to stay in Egypt whether we got married or not

thanks for stopping by

@Elizabeth9090

Good luck to you 😊

@Rose. Syrup to have you as my friend sure I'm lucky 🥰

@Eslam Elmasry98 Thank you for this advice, sir. I was not the original poster, but may I ask you and the community a question? I want to be fair, but what are the chances, in your opinion, of a guy asking for marriage (and money), then going to prison, and his family asking for money for lawyer after lawyer that mysteriously "disappear" without doing anything? I know the prison cases here are nearly impossible, and that random people are truly disappearing into prisons, but what are the chances of his family finding him in prison after three days *then calling me quickly to let me know and not calling me for a month after that before they start to ask for lawyer money and money for the guy in prison? Do you think this is the truth?

For reference, a lawyer kindly told me that he saw another case like this where a girl from Hong Kong had a fiance who disappeared into "prison."

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.