SERVICES: Pros and Cons and When

I was reading the "Quickest way to FBI (?)" post when i noticed channeler and service was getting a lot of airtime. I am basically a DIY kind of guy. When I did the Pet travel it was all me. Later I found out from the very helpful people at the Sao Paulo airport that a broker to get Simba thru customs would have been preferred.

What is your advice on using these services.  I feel that you understand more when you have to do some steps yourself and unpredictably there will be times when the agency needs answers that you will know if you are more involved.

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

02/10/23 @roddiesho.  The two times that I needed my FBI Criminal Background Check I went through an Approved Channeler  (Accurate Biometrics, in my case) because the FBI had a backlog of months.  I was very happy with the results.  Since then, I understand that the FBI has improved its performance.

Here's the list of Approved Channelers.  I'm pretty sure that Accurate does not accept requests from overseas, but some of the others may.  You can contact them at their websites and ask the question:

https://www.fbi.gov/how-we-can-help-you … channelers

@abthree

Coincidently I was working on the background checks. The "FBI Rap Sheet" was easy. The difficult part was that I could save the credit card form, but not download it to fill out. I am used to this being an Adobe thing.  Anyway, since I knew fingerprinting was just around the corner I went straight to this post from yesterday and viola - abthree with great advice.  So, after Kansas City wins the Super Bowl, I will start contacting the channelers.

Thanx,

Roddie in Retirement😎

@abthree Quick follow-up. I used Quora instead of just asking you (my bad). i had seen in a post etc. that if you had previously.

been fingerprinted that it might still be on file and used in your application.

I contracted with Social Security, Dept. of justice and the IRS.  All had really extensive background checks and secure finger printing at a military base near Washington, D.C.

I have already completed the on-line application and checked the list of channelers. One sent me a package. I just would like to know if there is a chance that my fingerprints, already on file, could be used.

Apparently the well-informed on Quora thought there was also a Polygraph Test and White-Knuckle Interview.

Thanx,

Roddie in Retirement. 1f575.svg

02/11/23 @roddiesho. Just out of curiosity, did I answer you on Quora? If I did, did I give the same answer? I hope so! 😁

I'm active on English, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish Quora, so I don't track my responses as closely there as I do here, but I do try to be consistent.

I don't know the answer to your question above, but the Channeler should be able to tell you.

I received a package from National Background Information, previously My FBI Report, so i am going with them for now,

English Portuguese, French....wow, what do you do with your free time? or is this the paid version.

I am curious, because for some reason (it was only a short part-time job) i am answering about 5 questions a day on UBER / LYFT. 

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg1f575.svg1f575.svg(that's me trying to speak half as many languages as you do)

02/12/23 wow, what do you do with your free time?  Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg1f575.svg1f575.svg-@roddiesho

I don't know about you, but now that I'm retired, I'm having trouble figuring out how I ever used to find time to work!😂

@abthree Ok, you have me hooked on AB and I just finished a very informative CHAT with them.  I just register go to Florida then go to a UPS location nearby. The employee helps me with the fingerprinting then electronically sends it to the FBI. Easy Peezy, except when i do the zip code look up, I only get Winter Haven aka Disney World.

Did you go to a UPS location when you did it, if so, was it a lot closer than the mouse house?

02/15/23 @abthree  Easy Peezy, except when i do the zip code look up, I only get Winter Haven aka Disney World.
Did you go to a UPS location when you did it, if so, was it a lot closer than the mouse house?

-@roddiesho

Sorry, no help here -- I did it in Chicago. 🥶

@abthree Cheater1f923.svg