Find Condominium

Hello

I came to visit last August Phnom pen and I loved it do you know how to buy a condominium and how it is managed

@wtfollow202147

Google and find experts.

The Khmer Times also had an interesting article about buying a condo in November last year.

Good luck.

Joe

@JoeKhmer thanks I wil ask an expert I have met few month ago in phnom pen

@wtfollow202147

Howdy,

Best approach is to Rent a convenient place , sit back watch , listen & observe.

Prices are tanking all across Asia at the moment. 

I know expats here that have bought apartments a couple of years ago…..they'd be lucky to get 75% back of what they paid.

As you may have observed the skyline is littered with EMPTY skyscrapers…and more on the way.  Most with Chinese money that won't be around forever.  Sooner or later a major correction will hit Cambodian property .

Keep your money in Blue Chip safe havens, rent a nice place for peanuts & let the landlord fix the toilets & deal with oddball neighbours & bureaucratic BS. 

Besides…..use the time leasing a place to assess if you really want to live here long term. Float around the country, you may find other locations more suited to your lifestyle needs.

Good luck

PS….no doubt if you talk to an agent or some plonker trying to sell a place ,,,you'll get an entirely different perspective. 

hello thank you for your answer I would like to buy a Condo so that I can go there regularly by renting it when I am in France.  In addition, condos are currently undergoing a price drop if I understood correctly.

@Ontheroad57 thanks for your return

I have family in Phnom Penh and I have visited magnificent Condos I am tempted to buy one because I have already bought in Bali and everything is going wonderfully

I will see and study the real state market

have you ever bought a property abroad ? Personally

@Ontheroad57 thanks for your return
I have family in Phnom Penh and I have visited magnificent Condos I am tempted to buy one because I have already bought in Bali and everything is going wonderfully
I will see and study the real state market
have you ever bought a property abroad ? Personally
-@wtfollow202147

That's possibly bad news for you.

The only ways outside marriage or PT PMA owners for a foreigner to buy land in Bali are either illegal or so legally dodgy, owning is a massive risk.

At the end of the day, unless you fit a narrow group that are allowed to buy land, dump it before you lose every penny you invested in it.

@Fred

of course, yes of course everything is legal we buy with an authorized group

we do not buy the land but a lease

@Fred
of course, yes of course everything is legal we buy with an authorized group
we do not buy the land but a lease
-@wtfollow202147

Renting (and fancy renting) is perfectly legal, but you said you bought a property

@Fred

we built on leased land

and you can buy a condominium provided it is not on the land at the foot of the building

@wtfollow202147

Have I owned foreign property..?  yes, but only in a country with Rule of Law, Freedom of Speech, Democratically elected leaders, AAA credit rating and decent rankings in global indexes regarding transparency of dealings , corruption etc ……and preferably NOT run by dictators , military juntas or tyrants.

Just for the record , the country you're thinking of buying in is ranked 162 out of 180 in global corruption indexes.

If you're following the local media ,,you'll notice that a certain Island has been “sold off” to people with dodgy dealings & the locals with long term leases were shafted. Also owners in other locations were punted & given peanuts for compensation….if any at all.

If they'll do that to their own people ….how do you think you'll go in a dispute.

That sticker in your passport is your ONLY right to be here…..having a car, condo , business or bedmate means nothing if they decide not to renew it.   

Too many snakes lurking in the system to warrant buying Immovable Assets in countries you don't have citizenship in.  I've met dozens of foreigners that wished they hadn't.

But if you do….try & do it with “other people's” money. Seems to be the trend .

Besides….rents cheap.   My ex wife spent more on haircuts 😆

@Ontheroad57 Thank you, do you advise against investing abroad in this case?  because of corruption risks or political risks?  Why do the Chinese invest so much abroad?

Depends on the investment class. You can invest in quality Index funds that are scattered across the planet. You can get out with a simple tap on the App & cash out.

But a pile of concrete & bricks in countries where Integrity & rule of law don't exist is a gamble.

As for the Chinese...they're odd . Seem to have a fetish for building ghost cities & infrastructure projects that haven't gone anywhere. It's the old " build it & they will come" ....but they mostly built shitty stuff & people ain't buying.  Their economy is stagnating at best according to several economic analysts.

over 70% of the Chinese middle class have their money tied up in properties….the market has tanked & they are now refusing to pay mortgages on negative equity properties & some of those property's haven't been built yet…..still off the plan.   So they're paying mortgages on thin air..😆

Take a look how many massive property developers in China has gone bankrupt recently....it's a mess.

Anyway....it's a buyers market in Cambodia. Only yesterday a big Chinese developer offered 40% off on apartments.  Just look at the skyline....most of what you see is empty & deserted. 

Sooner or later the fire sales will ramp up to clear the outstanding stock...since some have been standing abandoned for so long the only thing holding them together is mould & gecko shit.

Believe it or not, regardless of my opinion, I have considered buying a place here……Its cheap, could afford to walk away from a trainwreck situation, but I'd rather the cash in my pocket than someone else's.

it's amazing the affect those 50 cent beers have on the judgement.   But sanity eventually prevailed….

@wtfollow202147 hello any investment at its risk it all depends on what you want, for my part I would like to live between 2 countries including Cambodia so I invested in a Condo in the heart of the capital because I love this city and this country that I have  took the risk but it all depends on what you wanted to invest

@wtfollow202147 a lot of Chinese invest and it works for them I think investing abroad is only risky if you haven't bought at the right price and without knowing the manufacturers who are international find out about the manufacturers and do a  market research on where to buy and get a real estate lawyer

hope I helped you