UDI stops me from working asking for money

UDI stops me from working legally (I need to receive a card) in Norway for over 16 months now at the same time asking continuously to prove that we have enough money to support ourselves in Norway.

Is it some kind of wicked game to makes us tired and leave?

Could you shed more light on your situation as per the type of permit you applied for?

Married partner of the EU citizen. Residing in one of the most expensive countries in the world without right to work for over 16 months. We are self seIf sufficient and paying for everything by ourselves including private health care.

If someone could tell me if this is normal situation I'd be grateful.

I feel like being able to work would be a win-win situation for everyone.

could you explain more clear. You from Europe ? And live in Norway, and UDI refuse be in Norway?

Yes I also don't understand the situation, you are married with an european citizen, you applied at UDI for a residence card? You have a residence card in the european country where you married? Because yes it can take long but if your partner ( spouse) it's from europe but is working here and have a D number( for first) you can get also a D number from skattetaten and have a job before you get your residence card, so don't really understand your situation

You have a residence card in the european country where you married?
-@Luna F

No, I don't. Police mentioned that attempting to work without the card is illegal.

As much as i know the rules if you came together with your partner at the same time to Norway or within three months after your spouse came to Norway you have the same rights as your European family member,this means you can work,study from day one no matter if you have applied,got a positive answer,or residence card.and Norway as EU/EØS country have a deadline to proces those applications within 3-6 months (not 100% sure) not like you say16 months.

I guess it depends how your partner is registered in Norway and whether you have residence in the EU from earlier (your earlier post suggests that you have not had residence in the EU before).

If you have moved here to be with your partner then you'd have to go through the family reunion route and it will take time and your partner needs to earn enough to support you both until then. Also if your partner has not got a job in Norway and is living from their own means you may struggle to be registered.

Good luck