Inquiry regarding Spain visa

Is there any possibility to my application be accepted as I want to apply as self employed courier service provider to work with Uber in Spain under Spain self employed visa

Is my plan viable or is there any one applied before by that way

I am from outside Europe

Any piece of advice?

Welcome to the forum.

Do you speak Spanish, do you know your way around the country with regard to streets, roads, best travel routes.

I honestly think you will not succeed.

@stumpy

Thank you for your reply actually what matters now is my application accepted by Spanish immigration authority and then I will go further to the language and the way of  performing the job 👍🙂

@haitham haitham

You can definitely go to a Spanish Embassy and make an application... but the chances of it being approved might be low, unfortunately.

The official requirements/process for self-employment ("trabajo por cuenta propia") is here. It's very useful reading in relation to your potential application.

https://extranjeros.inclusion.gob.es/es/InformacionInteres/InformacionProcedimientos/Ciudadanosnocomunitarios/hoja029/index.html

You'll see there are requirements for funds that you need to support yourself while you establish your business, and proof of your qualifications/experience that equip you for a particular form of self-employment. There's also a requirement for a document describing your proposal (a mini business plan, I guess), which you have to submit to one of the relevant organizations listed, who will give their opinion/report on the viability of your business.

It sounds rather challenging. Even more so, as Uber are well-known for using "self-employed / independent contractor" as a way to evade the rules/costs of formal employment. Therefore, this particular idea might not be considered genuine self-employment.

@gwynj thank you for your answer  Your opinion matters to me. I think I have taken a glimpse and a comprehensive idea about the application

I am an Indian national residing now in UL under post study work visa. I completed my master's degree here in Uk at Queen Mary, University of London. At present, I completed 3 years living in UK.

I got a PhD admission at University of Balearic Islands, Spain. Since the enrollment happened already, I need to be there in spain at the end of January 2024. So, I decided to apply my visa from UK.

I am a bit confused with the documentation checklist and whether it's necessary to take the criminal record certificate and the apostille process.

Do anyone know about this?

@vinayrajapatnala2210

Congratulations on being accepted to your PhD!

How's your Spanish? Or it's in English, with an English thesis?

When did you get your acceptance letter? Are you, perhaps, leaving your application a bit on the late side? I would check the exact timing with the university... and also find out what help they can provide for student visas.

However, I believe student visa applications can be made at your local Spanish embassy (London), or in Spain. Probably the easiest is to submit it in London, and not move until you have it. However, you could try to quickly get a Spanish/Schengen tourist visa just so you can have 90 days in Spain, and submit your application there.

The official student requirements are here:

https://www.inclusion.gob.es/en/web/migraciones/w/estancia-por-estudios

I think the main requirements are:

• Proof of funds (to cover your fees, and living costs)
  • Health insurance (UK GHIC/EHIC not accepted, probably will need to be a private Spanish policy)
  • Official acceptance letter from your university
  • Criminal record certificate
  • Medical certificate

The criminal record certificate needs to cover 5 years, which is more than you have in UK, unfortunately. I guess this means you need your Indian one? And it should, I think, be apostilled. It's a hassle, but it might be safer to have your UK ACRO too (as you've spent 3 years in the UK). This should be legalised, not apostilled.

ACRO

https://www.acro.police.uk/s/

Legalisation

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

I'm not sure, but I think criminal background certificates might need a certified Spanish translation (by a registered translator).