Banks for loan in Netherland

We are moving to Alkmaar and cant get a house loan in Norway since they dont give out loans for a house in other lands then norway, sweden, spain and one more contry.
Can someone pliz tell me witch bank(s) to use for applying for a houseloan in the Netherlands?
And alos, what are the conditions in the Netherlands for getting a houseloan?

Usually, it is best to go to a Dutch bank in the Netherlands for a mortgage (house loan) on a Dutch house. Banks are often reluctant to give a mortgage on a house abroad.
The main condition usually is: sufficient proof of income :P

Larger Dutch banks are: ING, Rabobank, ABN AMRO. Of course it is alway wise to ask for offers from various banks, as conditions and rates may vary from bank to bank.

Hope this helps,
Twan.

Hi Hravn,

Ja, you should try Dutch banks. As long as you both or one of you have a job and enough to cover the hypotheek, i think they will give you the loan.
Try some biggest banks in Nederland, as Twan said ING, Rabobank, ABN Amro.
In fact, we just bought an apartment and we have a loan from Rabobank with quite reasonable monthly mypotheek.

Succes
Anna

@Hravn

I have taken three mortgages in the 23 years I have lived in The Netherlands. I used Rabobank for all of them, so that's who recommend. :)

https://www.rabobank.nl/particulieren

Qualifications -

• You have to have a job - have proof of a work contract with your salary indicated. You can only borrow up to 5 times your income (unless they have changed this by now.) So if you earn 50 euros a year, you will only qualify for a mortgage of 250.00 euros.
  • You can't have ANY credit card debt. I have a Mastercard and Amex where I pay the balance at the end of the month. But if you have ongoing debt where you pay the minimum every month .. that whole balance has to be paid off before they will lend you a Hypotheek (Mortgage) for a house.
  • Residency? Back when I first moved here in 2000, I only had a temporary residence permit, and they had no problem giving me a loan on that first house. Since then, I have gotten my permanent resident permit and later a Dutch passport (keeping my home country passport), so when I got my other mortgages .. no problem. However, every time I talk to another American, they say they cannot get a mortgage, but I forget now why .. but I feel like it has something to do with residency rules. :/

My suggestion is to just call Rabobank and ask them what you need. :)

Good luck!

@Hravn
I have taken three mortgages in the 23 years I have lived in The Netherlands. I used Rabobank for all of them, so that's who recommend. smile.pnghttps://www.rabobank.nl/particulieren
Qualifications -
You have to have a job - have proof of a work contract with your salary indicated. You can only borrow up to 5 times your income (unless they have changed this by now.) So if you earn 50 euros a year, you will only qualify for a mortgage of 250.00 euros.
You can't have ANY credit card debt. I have a Mastercard and Amex where I pay the balance at the end of the month. But if you have ongoing debt where you pay the minimum every month .. that whole balance has to be paid off before they will lend you a Hypotheek (Mortgage) for a house.
Residency? Back when I first moved here in 2000, I only had a temporary residence permit, and they had no problem giving me a loan on that first house. Since then, I have gotten my permanent resident permit and later a Dutch passport (keeping my home country passport), so when I got my other mortgages .. no problem. However, every time I talk to another American, they say they cannot get a mortgage, but I forget now why .. but I feel like it has something to do with residency rules. hmm.png
My suggestion is to just call Rabobank and ask them what you need. smile.png
Good luck!

-@Becka A.

You are responding to an old post. @Hravn has not visited the site in 8 years.