Language usage

We are coming from Canada, where we have two official languages. Both languages are used in all government laws and statements. I have noticed that some Maltese Government pages are only in Maltese, and I worry that our English/French will leave us lacking.

Hello BCGray,

Welcome on board !

I hope members can share their experience with you. Have you been to Malta before to get a feel of what an expatriation there would be like ?

All the best

Bhavna

We are coming from Canada, where we have two official languages. Both languages are used in all government laws and statements. I have noticed that some Maltese Government pages are only in Maltese, and I worry that our English/French will leave us lacking.
-@BCGray

No problem, all official documents are normally in Malti and English although some Government officials ignore English for reasons only known to themselves.

Most can speak English although some older locals may struggle a bit.

Been here 10 years and never had a problem.

@F0xgl0ve Thank-You so much; that is one less worry about coming

-@BCGray

Nothing to worry the most Maltese people know English better than some Franco Canadians.

They are always concerned about my English, because some think Germans will never

learn English properly.