How much are visa fees

Hi All,

I have read numerous articles on non lucrative visas for Spain regarding the visa fee. One article said the following:

The current visa fees for a non-lucrative residence visa for Spain are as follows:

Citizens of the United States need to pay a fee of €123.

Citizens of Canada need to €507 for a Spanish non-lucrative visa.

An amount of €80 is required from the nationals of other world countries for the processing of this visa.

--------

We have paid £1980 for 3 non lucrative visas at the London Consulate.

Anyone else paid over the odds?

@TinaChico Good morning!In my experience, when you apply for this type of visa, which in Spain is called "Autorizacion inicial de residencia temporal NO lucrativa", the fee is 10,94 euros (8,84 pounds). You can check it in the public website of the Spanish Government https://sede.administracionespublicas.g … ovincia=29 I don´t undertand why you paid 1k pounds, perhaps because you did it through an agency and for many members of your family...because the other requirements are free of charge (criminal record certificate, certificate of private health insurance, application form, bank certificate of sufficient financial means,...). You can see all the requirements in the following link, also a public website of the Spanish Government: https://extranjeros.inclusion.gob.es/es … index.html

Maybe, you applied for another type of residence authorisation which has higher fees and much more bureaucracy..., such as the Golden Visa and for several members of your family.

@AidaLaw

Thank you for your reply. Our Spanish solicitor at Lexidy Law boutique in Spain has filled out the 720 form and we submitted that to the London Consulate. But it doesn't list any fees, or am I not looking correctly?

Tina

@AidaLaw Do you know if the digital nomad visa is up on the official Spanish government site? It didn't show up on the links you provided. Thanks!

@TinaChico Hi Tina, thank you for your message.

To find out about the specific visa you applied for and the costs, the tax form is 790, but the code number is "052"? (if you have a copy, you can check it out above). And you can find the cost of this specific tax at the end of the form.

@gdikel in Spain each process has its own specific website, procedure, taxes,... The case of digital nomads is totally different from the previous one and the Spanish Government's public link is: https://sede.inclusion.gob.es/-/autoriz … -servicios

Please, note that the Spanish law regulating visas for digital nomad is completely new! It came into force less than a month ago and the application procedure is not yet well defined, you will need patience.

@AidaLaw

Thank you! I understand that it's completely ew and we will probably work with a lawyer. We also have a unique situation- my daughter is already in Spain and will apply there, possibly adding us, her parents , to the application. The challenge is that her dad is going to be retired but I'm not, so we're not sure if we should all apply together. The benefit is that we won't have to show as much income. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance for any feedback!

@gdikel

Retired is a very easy category, most American pensions should be enough to justify getting the No Lucrativa Visa. So I'd suggest this first.

Another relatively easy option is "family reunification" by a resident of his/her immediate family. Spouse is the easiest. Minor children also easy.

It's not a sure thing if the child is an adult... or if the adult child gets residence first, and tries to reunify parents. Both are possible, under certain circumstances, but I don't know the exact rules for Spain on this area. So probably easiest if daughter gets hers in her own right (e.g. she's a student), and then dad does his (NLV for retiree), then yours as family reunification of spouse. But there are different options, you might even be able to get 2 or 3 NLVs.

Good luck!