New members of the Saint Kitts and Nevis forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Saint Kitts and Nevis forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Saint Kitts and Nevis if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi there.  I'm a future expat, as I have yet to move from Toronto, Canada to St. Kitts. I'm recently retired and the plan is for just me to move as soon as my home in Toronto is sold. I visited the island in July 2021 and spent a week with real estate agents and just me trying to get the lay of the land.

Hello everyone!  I'm a retired, widowed, senior lady considering moving to Saint Kitts and Nevis.  I'm from the US and I will be arriving Feb 17 to explore the island and see if it would be a good fit for me.   I'm seriously considering becoming an expat. (Fed up with the US). I would love to meet some new friends that live on the island and have made the transition.  Does anyone know of any expat gatherings?  What would be the best way to meet new friends other than the bar/party scene?

Hi Brenda.  I visited ST. Kitts last summer to check out the island as well. I'm still back in Toronto, though I have found a home I would like to purchase. If you check out Facebook groups you'll a gardening group and a activities group that might give you an idea of activities etc.  To be honest I met many wonderful people on my week in St. Kitts just by being outgoing and friendly while I toured the island.

For Nevis resident; I am searching for an older gentleman I met a few years ago. His name is James Manning, I think. Lives across from Brinos rum shack, close to a school. 

@BrendaMallison Hi. I'm wondering the same thing. I will be visiting there on the 20th of this month. (My 2nd visit)..  Hope to learn more about best ways to meet people (other than bars). 

Thank you. So, you know who I am talking about, then. I lived in the house beside James for 9 months. Same weather every day. Nice.

We are planning to move to Basseterre this fall, hopefully in November.

My husband and I are retired, so it is a big step to make at our ages, but we feel it is the right thing to do.

After a lot of research and a visit to both Nevis and St. Kitts this last spring, we think/hope we have found a friendly place where we can relax in a beautiful location, surrounded by people who have a peaceful attitude toward life.

We have traveled quite a bit. We have lived and worked in Mexico, Brazil and Germany. My husband also worked on Sal Salvador Island (The Bahamas) before I met him. In addition to meeting north Americans, we would like to meet Brazilians (Ken's Portuguese is still pretty good), and those from German-speaking countries. We both hope to keep up a bit with our Spanish, also.

We like to follow international affairs, and are interested in current trends, including crypto (which we don't really understand).

We will probably need quite a bit of help as we try to settle in. We certainly have LOTS of questions!

It is wonderful that this forum exists.

Thank you for providing such a place. Joyce (& Ken) O'Keefe

@Julien , Good Morning everyone, I am writing these few words from the Cayman Islands and I am taking my first trip to St Kitts and Nevis where I might want to make my new home. I am flying in just a few hours from now and any tips would be welcome as to what to expect when traveling to St Kitts.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055907

Thanks!

Closed