New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Singapore forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Singapore if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi All,

My name is Wally, 65 yrs old, from Belgium and since 2 years retired.

I'm married to a SC for 21 years already. 8 years ago we bought a HDB flat in Singapore.

I have been working worldwide for a Marine Works company (dredging, reclaiming and all kind of marine constructions). This included several projects in Singapore since 1990.

We are dividing our time between Singapore and Europe, 6 months per year in each region.

I recently got a LTVP for one year from ICA.

Hello Wally,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for this lovely introduction! 1f60e.svg

Feel free to engage and to participate in the Singapore forum.

Regards,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi, my name is Lily Faye. I'm 30 years old. I've been working in the tech field with a Singaporean client for 7 years though I'm living offshore mostly in Vietnam and in the Philippines. After the pandemic, I realize I just wanted to stay in one place and I've been considering Singapore on my list. Hopefully, I can get more insight from people here.

I am hardworking independent. I am faithful and sincere and i am thoughtful , concern and loving dedicated well manner woman. My name is Terry Lintz, I am 55 years old seeking for serious and everlasting relationship.

I am seeking for serious and everlasting relationship.

I am seeking for a man who is faithful and trustworthy. I want to meet a man I can call my own who doesn't cheat or play head games.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

@Faye Duong, I suggest you start by reading the Living in Singapore guide for expats. And if you have specific questions, feel free to start a new thread on the Singapore forum.

@Terry Lintz, unfortunately, this is not a dating forum. The main objective of this forum is to help expatriates in their projects. 1f642.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello am Peter, am planing to visit Singapore next month march. I plan to live in Singapore , am a Nigerian. I am a mechanical engineer with over 10 years of automotive experience. Please how do I succeed with my visitors visa

@uche peter As a Nigerian, you need toaplly for a visit visa before you travel to Singapore. The application requirements are on this webpage:

https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-transit-de … ge/nigeria

The most difficult might be to find a local (Singaporean o PR) sponsor, who would vouch for you.

Please note that the visit visa cannot be converted to a residence (or even work) visa, meaning you will have to return home before you can work on your stated plan to live in Singapore.

Hi all, my name in Andrew.

I am moving to Singapore in a couple of months, this is due to my role being better served from Singapore.

However, it is also a fantastic pportunity to restart and reset my life due to recent relationship coming to an end.

I love traveling, be that for work or personal situations. My personal passion is football, being a keen West Ham fan - not going to the live games on a regular basis will be a miss.

I'm also into the gym and cycling.

Looking forward to getting over, meeting new people and experiencing a new way of life.

If anyone has good contacts for rental accommodation that would be great.

Andrew

Welcome Andrew,

Feel free to read the articles of the Living in Singapore guide for expats for infos about accommodation and life in general.

You may also drop an advert in the Housing in Singapore section if you have an idea about budget and what you are looking for in accommodation.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien Hi Sir

I hope you are doing well.

I just want to get some informations on Singapour City

Planning to come for holidays

Thank you

Hello Le Gardien and welcome !

You may check out this website : https://www.visitsingapore.com/en/

All the best

Bhavna

my name is joseph from Ethiopia. i want to live there in Singapore. i have journey after one months to Vietnam through Singapore as transit. for a work only staying Vietnam for one week, but after all i want stay there in Singapore for a work, how you can help me

@Bhavna

Can you assist me. Im Ghanaian just arrived in Singapore. Somehow fraustrated can you help?

@Harold2023 Bhavna is member of the site team and lives in Mauritius. I doubt that she can help.

But if you post your questions or concerns here, somebody else (maybe me) can reply.

Hello everyone and welcome on board !

@ Harold2013, as Beppi posted, I am a member of the Expat.com team and not based in Singapore.

I understand you need help. Can you please provide some more details ?

All the best

Bhavna

@R45 ok that's good

@Yoginee ok

Hi all,

Hans here, currently working on an EP with my company to move me from the U.S to SG.  But we are running into some hiccups! Looking to get opinions from more experienced members!

Hello and welcome ForGreatJ,

I hope you will get some useful infos on the thread you created.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello everyone,

I am an American Expat newly relocated to Singapore. I have a deep love for travel and experiencing new culture. My second love is business, I have my own consulting firm where we specialize in helping entrepreneurs and business owners setup, grow and develop their passions. I am here to help if anyone has questions about the process. I have a 2 year EP and my business partner has a 1 year EP, w have learned a lot through the experience and hope to help others. Feel free to message me direct. I'll try and respond to some of the questions on the work pass/employment pass seen in the thread. Looking forward to networking and helping.

@R45 do you currently have any availability in your HDB flat, as we are looking for a place to stay, we have been crossing over from Malaysia as the market was very tight when we entered Singapore back in February.

@uche peter Hello Peter, if you can share your background and experience, we may be able to assist you with an invitation to visit. Feel free to message me direct with your CV and details about the reason for your visit.

@Harold2023 Can I ask how you arrived in Singapore, did you have an invitation. Are you currently staying on a visit visa? What kind of assistance are you looking for?

@ForGreatJ Hello, I may be able to provide some insight. After having gone through the process for myself and my partner from West Africa, we have a little bit of perspective on the process. Feel free to chat me direct with details of what you have encountered so far.

I have my own consulting firm where we specialize in helping entrepreneurs and business owners setup, grow and develop their passions. I am here to help if anyone has questions about the process. I have a 2 year EP and my business partner has a 1 year EP, w have learned a lot through the experience and hope to help others.
-@MOjinnaka

There are often questions on this forum about getting an EP for working in one's own company - which was easy at somepoint in the past, but MoM has tightened this loophole considerably over the years.

Could you, for the sake of future readers with similar plans, post your experiences with setting up a business and getting the EP for running it? (And also, why you didn't choose an EntrePass, which seems to be the intended visa for this situation?)

You can start a new thread for this topic. I think it would be helpful!

@R45 do you currently have any availability in your HDB flat, as we are looking for a place to stay, we have been crossing over from Malaysia as the market was very tight when we entered Singapore back in February.
-@MOjinnaka

Sorry MOjinnaka, can't help you, with that.

Hi! I am not actually wanting to move to Singapore at the moment but I have an Aunt who was diagnosed with heart disease and had a couple of stents inserted. I am wondering whether I can get some information on finding a good but still cost-effective heart clinic in Singapore. I eyed some already but would love to get some input

@beppi of course, i would love to share my experience to help shed light on the process. I will start a new thread and title it "What it Really Takes to Establish in Singapore"

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1028825

Here is the link for the new thread I created. Let me know if I missed anything!!

@Emma Chen If she is Singaporean or PR (and thus can get subsidized health care), she can contact MoH or the national heart centre to get advice on what her options are.

If she is foreigner (and not wealthy), she might have to consider hospitals in other countries. Thaliand has excellent, reasonably priced private hospitals and many foreigners travel there for treatment.

wWhats up!

Nice to be here.

Expat here for 10 years from India..now on the cusp of changing jobs after 9 years all the way on EP.

PR rejected 4 times.

Now waiting for the new EP.

@Julien My name is vitumbiko Nkosi

I'm a holder of diploma in procurement and supply chain logistics and I would like to find a warehouse assistant job or security guard job in Singapore

I have worked with Group 4 security ( G4S) for 2 years first as a security officer then I was promoted to rosters administrator

Based on my education background I can work as a warehouse clerk or assistant as well as procurement assistant.

I believe this platform will be helpful for me, thank you

@MOjinnaka

Hello

This is vitumbiko Nkosi from Malawi the warm heart of Africa

I would like to come and find a job in Singapore

Currently I'm in south Africa Capetown

As a malawian there is no need for a Visa to come to Singapore but I need a good connection as to how I can easily get a job when I come there I have a diploma in procurement and supply chain logistics, I can work as a warehouse clerk, assistant, procurement assistant, security guard, House keeper, driver, Cleaner, Sales agent and many other tasks ..would help?

@Terry Lintz

[link moderated]

Let's talk 🥰

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@MOjinnaka
Hello
This is vitumbiko Nkosi from Malawi the warm heart of Africa
I would like to come and find a job in Singapore
Currently I'm in south Africa Capetown
As a malawian there is no need for a Visa to come to Singapore but I need a good connection as to how I can easily get a job when I come there I have a diploma in procurement and supply chain logistics, I can work as a warehouse clerk, assistant, procurement assistant, security guard, House keeper, driver, Cleaner, Sales agent and many other tasks ..would help?
-@nkosivitumbiko4

Hello and welcome !

Please create your CV in the Jobs in Singapore section of the website. You may also read the Living in Singapore guide for expats to know how you may land an opportunity.

Please be aware that you won't qualify for a visa for small jobs like clerk, housekeeper, driver and so on.

all the best

Bhavna

@nkosivitumbiko4 As Bhavna mentioned above, the job types you mention are unlikely to get you a work visa, because there are sufficient local people who can do it (and must be hired first, by law).

You basically need a (recognised) university degree in a demanded field, PLUS at least three years work experience in that field, to have a chance.

Sir my passport ban in Singapore. I want remove the ban

@Rajan Nathiya Without knowing all the details, it is impossible to advice you - so please explain!

Hey everyone. I will be moving to Singapore with my fiance and daughter. I will be working as a Podiatrist and he will be looking for employment. Hope everyone is well and have adjusted. Take care :)

Closed