New members of the Philippines forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Philippines forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Philippines if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello everyone                                                                 My name is Fred US citizen used to live in Philippines from 2015 to 2021 on tourist visa all the time had a girl friend but didn't marry so I in 2021 had to exit and was not able to return coz of Covid Philippines closed the borders to the tourist so I was not able to return but now I can return can anyone there tell me what documents do I need to get married there, thanks and Happy New Year to you all.

@RUBICON 4 EVER

Hello Fred!

Welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to interacting with you on any future conversations and posts you'll be sharing with the group.

We're glad to have you here!

@RUBICON 4 EVER Welcome Fred. Here are marriage requirements I found online. These requirement pertain to Quezon City but I would guess they are universal.

• Marriage License Application Form.
  • Identification Card, bearing applicant's residential address.
  • Birth or Baptismal Certificates of both applicants.
  • Community Tax Certificate (Cedula)
  • One (1) ID photo of both applicants.
  • If Applicable: Municipal Form No. 92 (Consent of Marriage of a Person Under Age)

For Foreigners

• Photocopy of valid passport (indicating the date of arrival)
  • Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials.

If Divorced:

• Copy of final decree or absolute divorce
  • Certificate of Family Planning and Marriage Counseling & Responsible Parenthood

Good luck

@RUBICON 4 EVER Welcome Fred. Here are marriage requirements I found online. These requirement pertain to Quezon City but I would guess they are universal.
Marriage License Application Form.
Identification Card, bearing applicant's residential address.
Birth or Baptismal Certificates of both applicants.
Community Tax Certificate (Cedula)
One (1) ID photo of both applicants.
If Applicable: Municipal Form No. 92 (Consent of Marriage of a Person Under Age)

For Foreigners
Photocopy of valid passport (indicating the date of arrival)
Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials.

If Divorced:
Copy of final decree or absolute divorce
Certificate of Family Planning and Marriage Counseling & Responsible Parenthood

Good luck
-@Moon Dog

Wow. . . .It seems it's just as hard to get married in the Philippines as divorced.

Getting married or divorced in Las Vegas is just the opposite. Marriage license for was $20 using my Sam's Club membership card as Id (joking). Wedding Chapel was $79.

Often seen ads for divorce $199.

If Divorced:
Copy of final decree or absolute divorce
Certificate of Family Planning and Marriage Counseling & Responsible Parenthood

Good luck
-@Moon Dog

Was told the divorce decree had to be notarized, rest of the list as I remember it.

1f6a8.svgOff-topic alert! 1f6a8.svg

Could we please stick to the topic? This thread is the place for newcomers to tell us more about themselves and their plans.

But you should definitely open a new thread on the Philippines forum to talk more about divorce.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Could we please stick to the topic? This thread is the place for newcomers to tell us more about themselves and their plans.

But you should definitely open a new thread on the Philippines forum to talk more about divorce.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
-@Cheryl

Please read post number TWO.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
-@Cheryl
Please read post number TWO.
-@Enzyte Bob

And the answer was given in #4.

I am just trying to keep this thread for introductions only.

As I mentioned earlier, should you want to discuss more about divorce, the process and the required documents, feel free to start a new thread dedicated to Divorce only. 1f609.svg

Thank you,

Cheryl

Hello… Recent arrival here in the Philippines from the US ( Colorado ). Exploring and looking for place to plant myself long term. Spent about 3 weeks in Iloilo City, 2 months in Boracay, currently in Aklan on Panay and looking at Cebu within a few weeks. I am looking forward to some insights from others in Cebu for cultural events, food and housing options for a minimum of 6 months or more……

Hi all,

A Canadian here. I met my wife (filipina) 16 yrs ago, she was 36 and her daughter was 5 (me 40). We got married (in Phils) after 2 yrs. She and her daughter have been Canadian permanent residents now ever since. The marriage is a success and I raised her child here as my own. That little girl is 21 now! The wife and I are tired of working and starting to make plans for our retirement there in the Phils. Cagayan de Oro City (preferably Camiguin Island) 

We are flying to CDO this Feb 15 to visit family, it will be my 8th visit there and we always stay for 1 month. Its been too long away (since 2019!)

I look forward to the wisdom and insight that is forum may have to offer regarding actually settling there as an expat.

I also have a tiny bit of wisdom to offer as well since when I am there, I do live as a local/with the locals and not just sitting at a resort all day (not all the time always..:)  I also went through the marriage process in the Phils as well.

Thanks!

@MatthewMatthew

Hello and Greetings, Matthew!

its nice to have another Canadian man here.

I myself have been living here in the Philippines since 2015. i regularly fly back home to Toronto , where i grew up since i was a kid, to spend time with my parents for about a month around Christmas time every year.

Welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to your contributions and engagements here.

Enjoy your stay !

@MatthewMatthew Welcome to the forum.

@Julien Hi Ll

im a British expat new to Angeles City

My son and his partner live here so it's not been difficult to settle on top of that I really lucked out and found an apartment that makes me feel I'm on a perpetual vacation

my balcony has a view of palm trees and a shared pool which is hardly used

i would love to make friends other than sex tourists

I have never been to The Walking street and doubt I ever will even though I have been at the entrance dozens of times

it's simply not my scene.

originally a toy and gadget inventor now semi retired so would love to hook up with a few cool people

Cheers

Ali

@Ali Mafi

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will find what you're looking for. Keep posting and asking questions.

@Julien and everyone!!!

I have just joined today. Will be travelling for work in April 2023 and joined here to have a network wherever life takes me. Events and what not as I travel.

Great to meet everyone here.

Cheers

Kat 1f609.svg

@katvargas2022

Hello Kat. A pleasure to meet you...hope you enjoy your time here. looking forward to future interactions.

@MatthewMatthew  & @katvargas2022

Welcome to the forum....all I can say is that the Philippines is a wonderful place to retire.

& I'll be back.

Take care & stay safe.

Hello All … I am an American, originally from Chicago, who had been living in the UK (Wales and England) for the past 19 years and has just moved to the Philippines (Makati) to be with my partner who is working here. I am looking forward to this site for any interest and ideas for my stay here as I am completely new to the culture and the country :-)

Hello Kelly VP,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for introducing yourself and for sharing your project with us!

If you have any doubts/questions feel free to share them on the Philippines forum which is quite active.

I'm sure that you'll receive the help that you require.1f60e.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

New member yet a long time Foreigner/Resident in PH. I am an American who has been working in the BPO industry here since 2003. I was in and out of the Philippines for 7-8 years. I moved here permanently in 2010. I have lived in several places around Metro Manila, currently in Ortigas. I have also lived in Davao City and Angeles City Pampanga.

My wife is a Filipina. We have an adult age Filipino daughter and a 7 year old Filipino/American son.

Just joined the page as I was looking for info if any local cable channels would broadcast the Super Bowl.  But I also was reading some of the exchanges and plan to drop in from time to time and see what others are up to or asking etc... I've been here long enough to possibly be of help, and of course get help with questions.

Welcome to Jeisman590, Ali Mafi,  Kelly VP, and Jeffery Brown.

Glad to have you all here on the forum. Feel free to post up any questions in the general board.

I am living in the Central Visayas region, quite familiar with Cebu, also Panglao and Dumaguete. We have other members and advisors all over, several on Luzon.

Hello,

My name is Michel, I am a cook and I would like to get information in the Philippines in order to live and work there.

Have a good day.

@michelsergent2008 Welcome to the forum Michel. Now that you've introduced yourself you should start a new topic related to the information you're looking for.

@RUBICON 4 EVER Welcome, Share & Enjoy.

Hello,
My name is Michel, I am a cook and I would like to get information in the Philippines in order to live and work there.

Have a good day.
-@michelsergent2008

Welcome to the forum mate. As for foreign workers here? You will need work permits, tax file numbers etc. Search this site and also google, my best friend, good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

@Julien hello I'm moving to davao oriental coastal are with my girlfriend and building house on parents land when I retire in a couple of years

Ken

@KenBallantyne77 Welcome to the forum Ken. Sounds like a good plan.

Ashley Madison is a website and app designed for people in relationship who are looking for a little love on the side. It was founded in 2001 as a way for single individuals to explore relationship options in an open and judgement free environment. They specialize in helping singles engage in casual conversations and find compatible partners with similar interests. While [link moderated] loves to celebrate relationship, it also encourages its users to go on their own journey and find love that is true, honest, and authentic for them.

Ashley Madison is a website and app designed for people in relationship who are looking for a little love on the side. It was founded in 2001 as a way for single individuals to explore relationship options in an open and judgement free environment. They specialize in helping singles engage in casual conversations and find compatible partners with similar interests. While [link under review] loves to celebrate relationship, it also encourages its users to go on their own journey and find love that is true, honest, and authentic for them.
-@lera555lera5

You forgot to mention that site was hacked and members were blackmailed threatening exposure to their wife, employer and the public.

When Ashley Madison failed to pay the ransom, the complete list of members was posted online.

I am a graphic designer and 3D designer.nice to be here!

@Wilsongj It is nice to have you here, welcome.

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here and a property practitioner. For all your Davao City property needs, you can email or contact me. I am an expat from Shenzhen, China, and lived there with my husband and kids for 8 years before going back home here to Davao City, Philippines. My husband worked there as an architect, and one of his privileges was to bring his whole family. I know that living abroad is quite difficult based on what we experience, especially looking for a place to stay. So if ever you are living in Davao, you may message me, and I will cater to your housing needs. I don't know if this is allowed, but my intention is to make you feel comfortable and at ease in your new environment the way we did before.

Hello Charlette Vidal,

Welcome on board !

Well, advertising your services will not be allowed on the forum section. What you can do is register your services in the Philippines business directory so that interested members may contact you if they are looking for a professional in real estate.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello everyone  I'm from the state of Georgia  in the U.S, I'm currently living outside Butuan on Mindanao , I've been here 4 months so far this trip.  I love being here people are very nice and welcoming . I can now move around Butuan on the main roads . Salamat sa Dios

@Dusty Johnson Welcome Dusty. My wife and I moved here from Hawkinsville, Georgia.

@Dusty Johnson

Hi Dusty. 

Good evening, and welcome to the Forum!

Hi Dusty,

Welcome and nice to hear that you are enjoying life in Butuan.

Hi, I'm John, originally from the UK. Just here in Danao, Cebu for a few weeks laying the foundations for a permanent move here with my wife. I'm looking for a bit of advice in finding expat sports bars where I can chill on a weekend and meet up whilst catching up on UK rugby and football (or soccer for those who prefer 😊)

@Web666 Welcome to the forum John. I can't help you finding a sports bar but I'm sure someone will.

Closed