New members of the China forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the China forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in China if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi everybody,

I'm Nico from Italy.  I am going to move soon in Shanghai for work purpose and hope it's going to be great.

I am following this website since quite a bit and is full of useful tips so thank you all in advance!

See you around !

Nico

Hi All😊

I'm Nik from South Africa.

I'll be moving with my family from South Africa to Shenzhen for work In Feb/March 2023 and I'm also hoping for a great experience.

Fingers crossed.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board !

Wish you success in your respective expat projets.

Should you need any info, feel free to open a new thread on the China forum so that we can guide you.

All the very best

Bhavna

Hi, I am Loundou and nice to meet new frieds in this media a nd forum. I am relocating here since 2015 but previously located in Beijing since 2003.

Hello Loundou,

Welcome on board !

Hope you will enjoy the forum ^^

Where are you located now ?

All the very best

Bhavna

Hello Bhavna,

I am actually in Shenzhen city, Bao'An District

Hello All.

I recently moved to Tianjin from the US for work and just finished becoming a resident.

Looking forward to making connections!

Jacob

Hello jkexbx,

Welcome to Expat.com1f601.svg1f601.svg

How is Tianjin so far?

Have you gotten used to the country?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi everyone I am Simon from UK - Manchester.

I moved to Shijiazhuang 1 week ago.

nice to meet you all.

wechat  stokieboo

Hello swenlock6,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

What took you to Shijiazhuang? How long will you stay?

If you want to discuss any topic with the other members, do not hesitate to start a new thread on the China forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl   Thank you Cheryl

My wife was born here and we married here I. 2015.

we have moved back to be closer to her parents and we have 2 young children.

in uk I am a senior manager in operations and looking to settle here.

thank you so much

Hi

I'm Juanita from South Africa just moved here very recently, myself and my son. We're in Dapeng New District.

Nǐ hǎo! I'm Rowenna from the UK (currently living in Sao Paulo, Brazil). I will move to Suzhou in August 2023 with my two children (6 and 9).

Hello Rowenna,

Welcome on board !

Should you need any info, feel free to participate on the Suzhou forum.

All the very best in your move.

Bhavna

Hi everyone,

I'm Anemone from France and I'm looking for a job in digital marketing / communication in Shanghai starting from May 2023 1f604.svg

My partner is already in Shanghai and we had the project to begin a new life there! So, if you hear of anything or know people who could be interested in hiring, feel free to contact me! (Even for a chat :D)

Hope to be able to meet you all soon!

Hello Anemone,

Welcome on board !

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs in China section of the website.

All the very best

Bhavna

Hi everyone

My name is Kat and I'm from the UK. We moved to Taicang (near Suzhou) with my husband and now 11 month old son in January/February 2023 (my husband came first).  It would be great to find out if there is anyone else in Taicang?

All the best

Kat

@RMBM amazing . It's my dream to live in China with my kids. I wonder about English teaching jobs in China and if they are English speaking schools for the children

@reemaly688 Yes there are international schools for foreign children in China. I met a man who was working there as an engineer and he had 2 kids in school and he said it cost him his wage in China to send them there and that he might as well have stayed home. But I knew another person who worked at an international school and his children went there for free. So if you are qualified for an international school teaching position I think that's the way to go for you and your children

anybody live in Zhengjiang, Jiangsu? I'm just there.

Hello everyone, I am Abel Zannou

I would like to ask for your help to have an internship or employment opportunity in China

Someone to help me please

Hello RonaldSanchez89,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Could you please tell us how we can assist you?

Any information you would like to have?

Feel free to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi all!

Kelly here, Australian Chinese, but never lived in China before, just moved to Shanghai for a few months. Trying to fit myself in here, I do speak Mandarin, but not very well, if you wanted to pick up some survival terms, I'm happy to help :) and be able to speak English every now and then makes me feel more home too!

Hello all!!

nice to meet you all!!

Im Almond and Im currently planning to move to China (Shenzhen) from US. I am looking for jobs right now so I can apply for the Z visa to make the move ( I can speak English and Mandarin/Cantonese). If anyone could give me some advises on how to obtain the visa/get a job or some insight on how the life there in Shenzhen that would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks

Almond

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com !

Thank you for your help, Kelly. It is very much appreciated. Feel free to interact with members of the Shanghai forum

@ Almond, welcome, indeed we have a guide that could be helpful to you. You will find articles on how to find a job and visas. Also don't forget to create your CV in the Jobs in Shenzhen section.

Here is the Living in China guide for expats.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Hi,  I'm moving to China in August.

Only thing I need to decide on is where to go.   I've had a job offer in Shanghai and Shenzhen and

I'm struggling to choose as they both have so much to offer.

Any insights into the two cities from people who know it well would be great.

Thank you

Dan

@Kei Lee Kelly Lau Hi Kei welcome to Shanghai. I used to live in Australia. I am a local girl here. If you need any help, please feel free to contact me.

@nicolagiuliani91 Welcome to Shanghai

@Julien

My wife and I like Shanghai as one city to call home. She is from here, but we bought a home in Taicang, outside of Shanghai. We also live in Hawaii and Irvine, CA. I can work from anywhere through my law firm. We both have grown children. My interests revolve around socio-cultural theory.

Welcome on board KeithHawaii !

We don't have a forum specific to Taicang, however, feel free to interact with members or open new threads on the Shanghai forum . I am sure you will find some members sharing the same interest.

All the very best

Bhavna

Hello all expats. 

Time is getting close to my very big step out of South Africa to Shanghai. 

Advice and comments on this forum are so helpful!

Many thanks

Tracey

Hello everyone

Moving to Shanghai beginning of August from South Africa.  Feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the information and coming on my own.  My big concerns is that my credit card works, I have the correct medication prescription and my 6 months supply - going through customs. 

Starting at a new school, I have been at my current school for over 20 years.  Different style of teaching in S.A. to how it's done internationally.

Thank you for all the tips.

Tracey

Hi everyone,

I moved to China about 2 years ago, now running my own educational institute with a Chinese business partner. I've only recently started to look into expat communities because I'd like to expand my social network and have more fun apart from working. Also, we are constantly recruiting expat teachers for subject tutoring, curriculum development and more.

If you happen to be an experienced educator, school teacher or a university student studying science, humanity, or art majors, who'd like to have a side job/ part-time job with good pay. Please feel free to contact me!

WeChat: elinorz

Hey guys,

my name is Mike Yang. I'm a young actor who just moved back to Shunde, Foshan, Guangdong. I'm looking to meet new people and find a community. If anyone can add me to any group chats for folks in Foshan or Guangzhou that just wanna hang out, I'd really appreciate it!

Hi! My name is Eifk. I'm finishing my degree on engeneering and i'll travel to china in a few months to visit some factories and learn the culture. i would like to move to shenzhen where i have already been with my bro and find a job there.

1f600.svg

Hello Eifk,

Welcome on board !

For a good start on the website, feel free to read the following ressources :

Living in China guide for expats

Living in Shenzhen guide for expats

All the best

Bhavna

@Eifk

Dear Eifk,

Welcome to our group.

Kind Regards

Ayan

Hi, I'm Jupiter. I'll put up a pic soon.

I live in Haikou with my dear wife. We mountain bike, and have a great view of the sea. We are retired.

We have dwarf hamsters. They sleep on their backs with their legs in the air when it's hot. They look dead, but aren't. They are very cute, and have an IQ of 1. Not 2. 1.

Haikou is a great place. The fish and fresh veggies are amazing. I've watched it go from chickens and cows in the streets, to a modern city.

Cycling in the countryside is ideal. We pick wild lychee, papaya, and huangpi from trees by the road. The small roads connecting villages have nobody on them and are a playground for cycling. It's wonderful.

(Oh, and I grew up in Canada and have been here about 20 years.)

@Julien Hello everyone, My name is Chris and I'm from the UK, and I'm currently living in Japan but looking to move to China Hangzhou hopefully, I would like some advice on links or sources eg recruiters so I can get a job there.

Closed