New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Cambodia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Cambodia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

@Julien I'm Planning of moving to Cambodia

Hello info1421,

Welcome on board !

How can we help you ?

Regards

Bhavna

Hello,

What do you doing?

Best regards

Hello Georges,

Thank you for your message.

Since this thread is dedicated for the introduction of new members, could you kindly tell us a bit more about yourself?

How long have you been living in Cambodia?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi, my name is Natalie. I'm new to Siem Reap but have lived in Cambodia before, last around 5 years ago.

I like to, and am learning to, draw. I'm an English and math teacher for grades 3 and 4.

I like a drink here and there, but not all the time. I like good coffee, raw food, vegetarian/vegan food and simple cafes. I plan to start cycling around Siem Reap once I get a bicycle hopefully asap.

I'd like to make some friends who can help me improve my drawing skills or just want to hang out and have good conversation once in a while.

Nat

Hello Everyone,

Hope ya'll are doing well.

My name is Halle, I moved here last year, (September 2022) and currently in Kandal province. I am planning to move to Phnom Penh in March, I will be looking for a job. I have a strong background in sales (digital B2B sales), customer service (call center/BPO supervisory and managerial skills) and business development. I will also be looking for a place to stay with a reasonable price. I hope someone could help.

Thank you very much and looking forward to meeting amazing expats and locals here.

Halle

Hello Halle,

Welcome to expat.com and thank you for introducing yourself!

I will be looking for a job. I have a strong background in sales (digital B2B sales), customer service (call center/BPO supervisory and managerial skills) and business development.

You can check the latest job offers in the Jobs in Cambodia where you can also add your CV.

I will also be looking for a place to stay with a reasonable price. I hope someone could help.

Feel free to check the Housing in Cambodia section. You will a list of properties in Phnom Penh there. You can easily contact the owners if you find something that interests you1f609.svg

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello

i would like to live in phnom pen in few years but

in the meantime I come every year

can you describe the advantages and disadvantages of the country

thank you

Hello, We have just moved to Siem Reap Cambodia and will be here 6 month plus.  We hope to have a chance to meet a few new people and just enjoy the fabulous weather.

Hello okiegirl,

Welcome to expat.com!

Feel free to browse on the Cambodia forum and to engage with other members there1f60e.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien no there yet just looking for an expat guide with similar interests who enjoys a beer or 2

Hello there ,

My name is Radosvet , shortly Rado . I live in London and planning to relocate in Cambodia in April or May .

Lived in Southeast Asia before ( Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia ) and traveled a lot in Asia and Africa, Middle East.

I read my eyes out and watched almost every available video or vlogs on YouTube about Cambodia. I narrowed down my options and I guess I will aim to settle in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap.

I am 45 years old , currently working as physiotherapist and Chiropractor ( as well PT ) in London.

All my life I was was working on the field of Security services ( Army , Police , Executive and Close protection) , had my Risk Assessment company as well . My job allowed me to travel to a different countries and to stay there for short or long periods. In peaceful and hostile environment.

Around Covid I decided I am up for career change and grabbed the opportunity to use some of my qualifications in different profession.

My personal life changed a bit in the last few months and I decided it's time to move . I love Asia and feel like home there . I know the life can be challenging there as well but where is easy, right?

Thinking what to do I decided meanwhile to enrol myself with credible TEFL provider for almost 500 hours  ( still in the middle of the course ) . Though is not bad to have the option to teach as well , I have also university degrees) . Part of my life I was involved in sport as coach / instructor and love to work with young people and to help them achieve their goals . This brings joy and satisfaction to me.

As I said , I read almost everything ( from visas , accommodation, etc. to finding potential job place ) but in the same time , experienced to live in different countries I know that I know nothing. 😊

I will appreciate any advice, help , word of wisdom from people living there that will make my transition easier and not so bumpy . Will travel alone , so I don't think I will need something big to live in . I guess studio or one bedroom flat will do the job.

Also , I don't know people living in Cambodia and even one day when I am there a meet for coffee/ beer will be something I will really enjoy .

Thank you for your patience to read all this logorrhoea and hope to hear or see you soon .

Stay safe everyone !

Kind regards,

Radosvet

Hello Excop,

Thank you for the introduction.

As I said, I read almost everything ( from visas, accommodation, etc. to finding potential job place )

I am sure you did read everything cause you have been on this forum since 2017 1f60a.svg

The best way to gather information will be to start a new thread on the Cambodia forum to discuss a specific topic.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello I'm Simon,

I'm a new member recently registered on this forum. Currently residing in Port Moresby and would very much interested to move to Cambodia under some kind of formal job engagement or volunteer program. I am an HR Practitioneer and possess skills in carpentry,construction works,renovation and Eco farming.

Anyone in this forum can advice me accrodingly on how or where I can get help/assistance regarding my queries.

Thank you

Simon 77

Hello Simon,

Welcome to expat.com!

Is there a particular reason why you would like to move to Cambodia?

You can start by reading the Living in Cambodia guide for expats. You will find a lot of information concerning employment in this guide.

If you want, you can try submitting your CV in the Jobs in Cambodia section.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien

Hello, what is the best place to play babminton in Siem Reap for foreigners?

Thank you, Don & Marcia

Hi Everyone,

I arrived in Phnom Penh three weeks ago. I was offered a job as a software developer. I thought the salary was good but I found that prices have soared since I was in Cambodia last time in 2013. I hope I can make extra income to meet the costs.

Hello sandahaung,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for the introduction.

Could you please tell us how we can help you?

Are you looking for some specific information here?

Feel free to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi everyone

i  am planning to move to Phnom Penh next month .Is it best to get a visa before I get there or to get one upon arrival?

thank you !

@sisamabaleka09

As you are from an African country it would be wise to get a visa before you travel.

I'm not sure if there's an embassy near you but many people have received assistance from the embassy in Cairo, Egypt.

Good luck.

Joe

Oh alright there is no embassy near me however I can apply for an evisa.

thank you!

@Julien

Hi, I'm Jen from Melbourne Australia and thinking of spending 6 months a year in Cambodia as I now have my pension!

cheers Jen

Hi, I'm new on here too!

My son has lived in Phnom Penh for 10 years and I've visited him once a year if the flights aren't too expensive...I'm heading towards retirement (6 years to go 1f615.svg) and am seriously thinking I will move over then.

@wtfollow202147  Hi, Where do you live - I visit my son in Phnom Penh every year and am wanting to move over myself!

@jenlourob How lovely...just what I'm planning to do - in 6 years time but not for 6 months but permanently as my son lives in Phnom Penh.

Hi,am Rebecca from uganda 🇺🇬

And right now am in uganda but am planning to move to Cambodia 🇰🇭 soon

Hi everyone!

I'm Kai from Finland and I moved to Siem Reap a few days ago in the middle of the Khmer New Year celebrations. I'm writing a biography and my idea is to get to know Cambodia bit by bit and maybe also get to know a little bit of Vietnam. I don't have an exact plan for how long I will be here, but in practice there is no actual limit for my staying. If Cambodia and Cambodians accept me as a part of the culture, let's see what the future brings.

Hey Rahumah Namakula,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

What exactly are you planning on doing in Cambodia?

Kindly share more details about your project with us.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Leon French Thanks, I had a quick look online. It does look nice. Any downsides?

@Excop

To find a decent place to live, I suggest you go through a ***

Ask for Choeun Sina

Not only will they find a place, aid you with making sure the re t is recieved but they can help you get picked-up ar the airport.

Moderated by Cheryl 11 months ago
Reason : External link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Viamund,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Kindly note that sharing external links is not permitted on the forum.

Therefore, I suggest that you recommend the business in our Cambodia business directory.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi Everyone,

Anthony and Elaine here from Los Angeles in the states. We're getting ready to retire and move to Sihanoukville. Glad to be a part of the forum

Hello Anthony and Elaine,

Welcome on board !

Should you have any questions, feel free to open a topic on the Sihanoukville forum.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi all,

My name's Hannah and I moved to Phnom Penh 3 weeks ago to join my partner who has been living and working here for coming up to a year.

I'm originally British but for the past 10 years I've been living and working in Milan. I was getting a little tired of working in a corporate job that often pushed me to near burnouts, the cost of living and the feeling that I needed to explore something else before I get too old 1f602.svg

At the moment I'm spending my days looking for work, I have a lot of experience in management, the online travel and tourism industry (content management strategy/marketing) and English teaching and tutoring - so I'm keeping my options open and trying to figure what and where the next best move would be that would be relatively stress free and not lead me back to living a corporate/stressful lifestyle.

1f449.svg1f449.svg1f449.svgRight now though, my problem is, I don't know anybody here (apart from my partner of course, but he is at work during the day). I'd love to meet someone for coffee, a couple of beers, or something like that - I'm a sociable person and start to go a bit crazy when i spend too much time alone.

Anyway, happy I found this community and this forum, and thanks for reading 1f60a.svg

@Hannah McEvoy

Hello, welcome on board.

There are plenty of places in Phnom Penh to meet other people. A good stroll along the riverside gets you to nice places to have a coffee, beer or whatever and meet people.

There's a nice place on the corner of at 172, River bar, and also on the corner of st 136, Ohlala.

Enjoy.

Joe

Greetings

I just moved to Phnom Penh as well. It is a beautiful country and kind people. A fine place to retire.

Hello all, I am Szymon and I'm planning to move to Cambodia in July. I have been considering also other Asian countries but I met a fantastic woman in Cambodia who turned my world by 180 degrees. I'm 41 years old but after not a happy marriage and I'm looking forward to starting everything from scratch.

@Julien Hi from Queensland, Australia. I've visited 3 times, and I'm keen to know what folks with pets do when they are absent. Do you have pets is probably the question ❓

Thanks

Hello Petsitter,

Welcome on board !

Please note that Julien is the founder of Expat.com and not based in Cambodia.

Regards

Bhavna

Closed