Mobility scooter

Just got mine today, a Super Trike, sweet only 17.3mill vnd Forward and reverse, 3 speed, distance 70 kms on a full charge, 800w motor so plenty of power. Will fit two adults and a child very comfortably. (seat slides back for extra seat and fold up childs seat)    Just a bit excited...

No licence required, no plates, no bluecard, great alternative for people with balance problems.

https://i.postimg.cc/T1kM370L/z3992267955490-4a036ca11dea1e83894a1d8b6c9049c1.jpg

Do you have a link to the place you bought it from?

Just got mine today, a Super Trike, sweet only $422.22 Forward and reverse, 3 speed, distance 70 kms on a full charge, 800w motor so plenty of power. Will fit two adults and a child very comfortably. (seat slides back for extra seat and fold up childs seat)  Just a bit excited...
No licence required, no plates, no bluecard, great alternative for people with balance problems.

-@robertbottle30

Congratulations! Santa was good, and apparently you were too ! :)

Please take the time to give us updates on your impressions, maintenance etc.

So then, where are you off to on the first outing?

@Aidan

Small breakfast restaurant, with in walking distance but.

...distance 70 kms on a full charge, 800w motor so plenty of power.

z3992267955490-4a036ca11dea1e83894a1d8b6
-@robertbottle30

If you've never had an electric scooter, be aware that distance ratings are usually based on minimal load on level ground.

Especially important to be cautious if the end of your trip takes you up an incline.

These things don't go immediately from full power to no power.

Instead, on the second half of your max range, you are likely to realize a gradual but significant drop in power, especially if the total weight being carried (including you) is closer to the maximum weight limit.

Just got mine today, a Super Trike, sweet only 17.3mill vnd Forward and reverse, 3 speed, distance 70 kms on a full charge, 800w motor so plenty of power. Will fit two adults and a child very comfortably. (seat slides back for extra seat and fold up childs seat)  Just a bit excited...

z3992267955490-4a036ca11dea1e83894a1d8b6
-@robertbottle30

I totally and completely understand the excitement.

I got the same model yesterday at a shop in Dà Nẵng, delivered late in the day to our home in Cẩm Thanh, Hội An:

screenshot_20230131_205100_chrome.jpg

In the photo, the main seat has been slid backwards, revealing the secondary seat (flips 180° from recessed position when main seat is slid forward, covering it while uncovering the back basket) plus the small, forward 3rd seat for a junior has been revealed/flipped up 90° into place.

The four batteries in this one really put my old 2-battery model to shame.

All of my sources quote the max range as 60 km.

I don't know yet if I'll test it with an overnight on the 43 km trip to a favorite getaway at Tam Thanh, Tam Kỳ, Quảng Nam, but it will almost certainly handle the 25 km journey to Mỹ Khê Beach, Dà Nẵng, where I have a few friends who would allow me to top off the batteries' charge at their places in An Thượng, My An.

I'd also call the "3 speeds" three power levels, the lowest more than adequate to go out for a leisurely spin around the rice fields behind our house, but might not handle a steep hill, while levels 2 & 3 just provide a power surge/fuller drain on the batteries (right handle twist speed adjustment) giving peak speeds estimated at 35 kph.

With my 250 lbs on board using power level 3, the unit pretty easily when from a standstill at a stop on a side street, up a short but steep ramp onto Tống Văn Sương/Lê Thánh Tông at this Google Maps point without a hiccup.

Power level 1 was not getting that done.

So I think my previous comment is valid: as power reserves (total charge) lessen in this unit, I'll expect it to have slower acceleration up hills, meaning that I probably don't want to get too far from home if I've had to traverse any hills on my way to someplace far away.

Meanwhile, my wife--who's always sworn she would never make the switch from gas motorcycle--fell in love with this electric model (I encouraged the Gucci-knockoff colors over something more pastel & unremarkable) so the truck delivered something for both of us yesterday:

20230202_040903.jpg

We definitely wouldn't be able to make it all the way to Quảng Ngãi together on one charge, and we haven't tested having both of us on my unit at the same time (max capacity 200 kilos) but we will have no trouble on our 2 units roaming all around our local area, from ancient town out to Cửa Đại and An Bàng.

We are giving my wife's Blade® stored in Quảng Ngãi to her sister who has 2 kids & earns about ₫5 million VNĐ per month.

Winner! Winner! Winner! 😎

@OB

Do yourself a favour and pop into a vinyl sign writing shop and get a sign made for the back of the seat same size as motorbike number plates, I got "Bob's Trike" made for Bob so going into apartments & supermarkets carparks with a camera they had something to photo and identify as his to let him back out again, the first time he visited us he had dramas as nothing for the camera to take a photo of.

Any place that does the stickers for numbers for side of cars, trucks etc will do them his was less than 50k and they put it on for him.

Edit:

The charger and raincoat won't go under the seat it jams the slider, so Bob got a padlock and keeps them in the back cage in a bag incase of rain.

@OB
Do yourself a favour and pop into a vinyl sign writing shop and get a sign made for the back of the seat same size as motorbike number plates, I got "Bob's Trike" made for Bob so going into apartments & supermarkets carparks with a camera they had something to photo and identify as his to let him back out again, the first time he visited us he had dramas as nothing for the camera to take a photo of.
Any place that does the stickers for numbers for side of cars, trucks etc will do them his was less than 50k and they put it on for him.

Edit:

The charger and raincoat won't go under the seat it jams the slider, so Bob got a padlock and keeps them in the back cage in a bag incase of rain.
-@AndyHCMC

Great tip Andy - Thanks!

Yeah, the place where we bought it put a mini-plate (dealer advertising type) on the back of her bike, but I only got a 3" x 2" sticker pasted on the back of the seat.

Sorry man, I'm a biker...what's a "raincoat"?

😉😉

Added note for anyone who's wondering: these things aren't built for heavy-duty use, I'm sure (thus the price point).

It's not as sturdy as the smaller scooter I brought here from the states and doesn't ride quite as smoothly either.

So I don't think it's really designed for the intercity travel I'm contemplating.

It's basically a budget golf cart on steroids, best suited for intracity use.

Some smart import/export type could probably make a good profit sending these to The Villages in Florida, USA

I think it would be perfect for a place such as Vũng Tàu, especially if it has enough guts to make it up the Hạ Long hill from Front Beach to Jesus, or maybe even up to the lighthouse, starting on a full charge at Lucy's...

@OB

Sorry man, I'm a NOT a biker...what's a "raincoat"?

😉😉
-@OceanBeach92107

It's the thing you got free from the shop to use after you come out of Han market after 2 hrs of looking at fake Gucci handbags to match the missus bike and find out its pelting it down.

Also, Bob's Front brake was slackened right off and easy to push with the brake on full, it took several turns of the knob at end of the cable to make it work (clockwise), he was basically riding around with only a back brake, and the tires were also way over-inflated as is the norm for VN, the tire sidewall says max 40 psi his had 50 psi (worth buying a digital tire gauge online) in them he was bouncing along.

The bike weighs around the same as a regular scooter they have around 60 psi total for front & back so divided by 3 tires we dropped them down to 19 psi rides great now.

On a side note my missus had her Honda lead tires changed and they put 64 psi in the back and 60 psi in the front not bad for a bike that should have 33psi/25psi in it, good job we never got to see it in an emergency stop in the rain it would have slid a fair way with a tire contact patch the size of a penny.

I bought a 12v inflator runs off the cigarette-style connector port on my bike it has a digital gauge you can pre set and it cuts out at the pressure, it lives in the bike also great for soccer/basketballs for the boys every week when they play. (PM me for link if anyone wants)

@OB

Sorry man, I'm a NOT a biker...what's a "raincoat"?

😉😉
-@OceanBeach92107

It's the thing you got free from the shop to use after you come out of Han market after 2 hrs of looking at fake Gucci handbags to match the missus bike and find out its pelting it down.

Also, Bob's Front brake was slackened right off and easy to push with the brake on full, it took several turns of the knob at end of the cable to make it work (clockwise), he was basically riding around with only a back brake, and the tires were also way over-inflated as is the norm for VN, the tire sidewall says max 40 psi his had 50 psi (worth buying a digital tire gauge online) in them he was bouncing along.

The bike weighs around the same as a regular scooter they have around 60 psi total for front & back so divided by 3 tires we dropped them down to 19 psi rides great now.

On a side note my missus had her Honda lead tires changed and they put 64 psi in the back and 60 psi in the front not bad for a bike that should have 33psi/25psi in it, good job we never got to see it in an emergency stop in the rain it would have slid a fair way with a tire contact patch the size of a penny.

I bought a 12v inflator runs off the cigarette-style connector port on my bike it has a digital gauge you can pre set and it cuts out at the pressure, it lives in the bike also great for soccer/basketballs for the boys every week when they play. (PM me for link if anyone wants)
-@AndyHCMC

Really great and helpful feedback Andy, Thanks very much!

You're right, I'm not a biker, although a Hell's Angel friend probably saved my life once in my teenage years by telling his menacing group of buddies "He's OK"

I'm a TRIKER! 😂😂

Watch for my custom sign soon (maybe even a username change if admin can/will do it).

Cheers!

-@colinoscapee

In Dà Nẵng, it seems there are a few different places that sometimes carry one or two of these or similar models.

There are a lot of listings on Lazada & Shopee at various prices, with lower prices usually listing shipping charges as high as  ₫5,000,000 VNĐ.

I suspect this outfit with 17 stores in Việt Nam (including HCMC, Dà Nẵng, Hà Nội & others) is likely the major wholesaler here:

Thế Giới Xe Điện

decipher this to take you to their list of all 3-wheel models available:

thegioixedienDOTcomDOTvn/xe-3-banh

-@colinoscapee

In Dà Nẵng, it seems there are a few different places that sometimes carry one or two of these or similar models.

There are a lot of listings on Lazada & Shopee at various prices, with lower prices usually listing shipping charges as high as ₫5,000,000 VNĐ.

I suspect this outfit with 17 stores in Việt Nam (including HCMC, Dà Nẵng, Hà Nội & others) is likely the major wholesaler here:

Thế Giới Xe Điện

-@OceanBeach92107

@Colin

Which is the same shop as I ordered Bobs, delivery within city was FREE - (he got it 2hr after we placed order) he got the 17.5mill "Super" version with 800w motor, it's the one I sent you a link for.

@OB send me user name you want, I can change it.

-@colinoscapee

There are a lot of listings on Lazada & Shopee at various prices, with lower prices usually listing shipping charges as high as ₫5,000,000 VNĐ.

Thế Giới Xe Điện

-@OceanBeach92107
@Colin
Which is the same shop as I ordered Bobs, delivery within city was FREE - (he got it 2hr after we placed order) he got the 17.5mill "Super" version with 800w motor, it's the one I sent you a link for.
-@AndyHCMC

Guy at their Dà Nẫng store (out of stock) was kind of sleepy and didn't offer to order one, but he recommended the apparently unaffiliated place where we bought the only one in stock:

Google Maps name:

XE ĐẠP-XE ĐIỆN ĐỨC ÁI 2 ĐÀ NẴNG

114 kg man with seat slid back, covering basket, with 2nd smaller seat now available for my wife to fit between my legs, and a 3rd tiny flip-up seat in front of that for a small child.

My wife and I (168 kg total; less than 200 kg capacity) tested it on the small streets & hems around our house, and it worked ok in power/speed level 1, but we needed to max that level out before switching to level 2.

With a small incline it would max out the batteries and we had to "downshift" to level 1.

We've decided that we probably won't use it together except for short trips to a nearby coffee place that's a bit farther than I'm supposed to walk on my foot.

I wouldn't chance taking it over the bridge that connects Cẩm Thanh & Cẩm Châu near the Bà Lê Market (Chợ Cầm Châu) even though I'm able to get up the short ramp easily with only me on the trike.

inshot_20230205_111922599.jpg