Food Industry/General Work Advice

Hello All --

I'm currently located in Seattle and interested in moving to a new city (preferably outside of the US), but don't want to compromise my access to the plethora of mountains and sea in this region, so I'm considering Vancouver but I'm open to other locations in BC, as well.

I currently work in restaurants with most of my experience there, so I'm a bit concerned that my skillset isn't advanced enough or in high demand. I do have a bachelors in anthropology and past, albeit limited, experience working in the environmental nonprofit sector.

Unfortunately, it appears that I don't qualify for a holiday visa in that I just exceeded the eligible age range (I'm about to be 36), so I believe I would be requesting a general work permit. I'm willing to return to school or apprentice in a trade. I'm essentially desiring to pull off a bit of a reset in my life, and I feel like determining the location is priority.

Anyway, as scattered as this is, I'm hoping someone with a sort similar path may be able to share some seasoned advice with me.

Thank you!

Vancouver is a great choice, especially if you love nature and mountains. It is a beautiful city with many opportunities for development. With your experience in the restaurant business, you will certainly find many job opportunities here. Additionally, your degree in anthropology can be a valuable asset, especially if you are interested in the nonprofit sector or social work.