Flights from NY or Miami to Rio

I have been fliying to Rio since 2005 and cant believe the prices now. Does anyone know a decent agent or site? There are no longer direct flights from ny to rio and the prices range around 1,500 plus your bags. Thought i would drive to miami because its only 8 hour flight and non stop, almost same price. Crazy, any help would be appreciated im not looking to do a 24 hour trip with 2 stops. Thanks God bless. Looking anytime next year to keep my residency.

@Sharky114 message me I can get cheaper flight

12/05/22 @Sharky114. Direct flight routes to anywhere but São Paulo were greatly reduced during the pandemic, and are only gradually returning. Delta in partnership with LATAM has a flight from JFK to GRU-São Paulo (DL 6054) with plenty of connections for Rio from there.  We took it last month.

prices are always a lot higher around the xmas holidays ....just look for bookings after jan 15 .....

Booking flights is a weird thing. Too close to your travel date and you pay more. Too far out it's the same. We were able to book our flight in November for this coming January. Booked through Delta. Direct flight from Atlanta to Rio. Just a shade over $1.000.

The best thing to do is pick some dates and sign up for flight price alerts with Google Flights. You get an e-mail when prices go up and down.

@Sharky114  Try SOUL TRAVEL, I always use them (for the past 20 years), they have good deals out of Miami to anywhere in Brazil: (305) 947-9797

Avoid azul as connection ig do via SP—horrible connection as need to take a bus from arrival terminal to connecting terminal that is quite the distance.

you could also try united NY to Houston IAH to Rio direct.

@Sharky114

Try COPA via Panama

@Sharky114

I just found out through a video through VIA Chicago news source, that if you are traveling, through AA airlines or another airline service provider if you have their app downloaded on to your cell phone or tablet check on the status of your flight to see if there has been a price reduction for the same flight same day and cancel the flight to get it at that cheaper price. Flight hack: getting money back after you book your travel---could save you hundreds.