Can I get Dutch citizenship as a UK Brit married to a Dutch person?

I am British (only passport I have) and my husband and children have Dutch nationality/passports. Is there any way I can still get Dutch citizenship/passport via marriage if I am living in the country of my citizenship?

Hello Infinitysymbol,

Welcome on board !

Till members guide you, here is a link that can be useful to you : https://ind.nl/en/exceptions-to-the-5-y … etherlands

All the best,

Bhavna

I am British (only passport I have) and my husband and children have Dutch nationality/passports. Is there any way I can still get Dutch citizenship/passport via marriage if I am living in the country of my citizenship?
-@infinitysymbol

Yes, you can. You can apply for it when you are at least three years married to a Dutch national.

Some nationalities need to do the integration exam by learning basic Dutch. Check the website of the IND if this is mandatory for you www.ind.nl

@Primadonna Are you certain? The reason I ask is because it says this when I look up attaining Dutch citizenship via marriage:

MBeL.jpg

Just to reiterate, I have only a British passport and I live in London with my Dutch husband and children.

At the moment I give Dutch lessons to two students who are living in Jordan but married to a Dutch national and both are opting for citizenship.

You, as a British citizen, don't need to learn the language. While I was searching (because I was wondering) I saw contradictory frases which can be challenging to understand if you're eligible for the Dutch passport.

Your children has the Dutch nationality by birth, even if you haven't  applied a passport yet.

It seems not correct if it will be declined because you live in the land of your nationality.

Therefore I strongly recommend to contact the IND and ask there as they're who makes the decision to become a Dutch citizenship or not.